in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-16-2011 4:51 AM by david coyne. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-15-2011 4:14 AM

Beocentre 2- displaying LOAD DISC when playing NMUSIC/NRADIO and multi language display question!

Comrades,

Hello. Some months ago I posted the following:

Happy New Year Comrades

I have a beocentre 2 that has given many years of trouble free service. It is connected to a beoport and beovision 8.

Beoport is used to play NMUSIC and NRADIO and ive had at least a year of trouble free use.

Over the last week, when I turn the system on, using NRADIO or NMUSIC, the beocentre 2 display says 'load disc'. It still plays NRADIO or NMUSIC, but no display, other than 'load disc'.  I can still scroll through playlists etc. If I then change function from NRADIO to NMUSIC, the correct display then appears on the Beocenter 2. The same occurs if i start with NMUSIC and switch to NRADIO.

I have not changed any software or version of itunes.

I did switch off power to beocentre 2 and beoport to see if that would fix the problem- it didnt. I also re loaded BM LINK, though im not sure that this is the issue.

My hunch is a problem with beocenter 2. 

I called B&O, they said, 'NO Idea', call service, which i have and will wait for them to get back to me

Any suggestions dear people?

I didn't really get an answer.... and somehow the problem went away and it mysteriously fixed itself for several months... Yesterday, it started doing the above again...Is there a fix??

I also have a second question:

When track names/artists are displayed on the beocentre 2 via itunes and it contains a letter not found in the english alphabet, e.g Agnetha Fältskog, or Édith Piaf's Ça Fait Drôle it wont display and simply will say artist or track unknown, even if spelt correctly in itunes. Is there a way the beocentre 2 can be set to recognise multi languages/alphabets. A small issue, but annoying all the same!

Any advice appreciated

David

BV8-40, BC6-26, BC2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beoport, Beotalk 1200, Beocom 6000, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400

• 06-15-2011 7:59 AM In reply to

Re: Beocentre 2- displaying LOAD DISC when playing NMUSIC/NRADIO and multi language display question!

Hi David,

I seem to remember on my own BC2 using the Options menu to have the centre display special characters, such as Danish, German, French etc. (I have it set to Swedish which takes care of some of the characters, such as Agnetha Fältskog... Wink).

I hope this is of some help!

/Carl-Henrik

• 06-15-2011 8:05 AM In reply to

Re: Beocentre 2- displaying LOAD DISC when playing NMUSIC/NRADIO and multi language display question!

Hi Carl Henrik

thanks for the reply... by changing the language to Swedish... won't the whole menu change to swedish then??  i.e I'll never be able to operate the system again, as i wont understand it!!!!! (perhaps thats exaggerating) And is there an ecute in swedish as there is in French??

Regards

David

BV8-40, BC6-26, BC2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beoport, Beotalk 1200, Beocom 6000, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400

• 06-15-2011 8:06 AM In reply to

Of course Carl Henrik.. it may be you are just pulling my leg??!

• 06-15-2011 9:53 AM In reply to

Hi David,

Ah maybe I was a bit unclear with what I meant. I don't mean you to change the language, what I mean is that under Options, there is an option to allow extended characters (or something to that effect), and this should allow the BC2 to display foreign signs, whilst still keeping all the menus in your preferred language.

• 06-16-2011 4:51 AM In reply to

Hi Again Carl Henrik

I think 'extended' simply keeps the information display on, as opposed to displaying for a short period and then disappearing?

My display is already set to 'extended' as opposed to 'default'

Regards

David

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)