in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-12-2011 5:27 PM by Beobuddy. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-12-2011 12:18 PM

ouverture beolink ,can it be done?

i have an ouverture and a passive speaker in lounge and one in the bedroom, in the bedroom is a ir sensor connecting back to a beolink passive. If i put a powerlink cable in from the ouverture to the beolink passive  - will it be possible to operate the volume from the ouverture and but also from the ir sensor in the bedroom or would i need to put in a masterlink cable as well?need to buy cable tonight so response would be great ! many thanx alex

• 06-12-2011 3:51 PM In reply to

Re: ouverture beolink ,can it be done?

Not totally clear picture, but do you have 1 or 2 passives?

A passive used with just a powerlinkcable act as a external amplifier for the passive speaker. The connected ir-eye on the passive will only control the volume of the connected speakers on the passive. Not the volume on the ouverture itself.

So the volumes works independent.

So if you use 2 passives, i'ts possible to control the volume independent in the mainroom and the linkroom.

But there is a catch. If you start music in the linkroom, the ouverture starts and therefor also the speakers in the mainroom will switch on.  

• 06-12-2011 4:05 PM In reply to

i only have 1 passive amp.

I have1 passive speaker in the lounge and 1 passive speaker in the bedroom both connected into left right speaker terminal on the passive amp,this then  needs to connect to ouverture. if i turn it on via ir receiver i do want it to come on in lounge as well.

• 06-12-2011 4:15 PM In reply to

hi again what would happen if you had  the powerlink and masterlink cables  both connected from the ouverture to the passive amp? shouldnt you be able to turn the volume up and down on the ouverture and on the ir sensor-   because in theory dont these both do the same job and just send a signal to the passive amp in order to increase or decrease the volume?

• 06-12-2011 4:33 PM In reply to

gambitxjs:

hi again what would happen if you had  the powerlink and masterlink cables  both connected from the ouverture to the passive amp? shouldnt you be able to turn the volume up and down on the ouverture and on the ir sensor-   because in theory dont these both do the same job and just send a signal to the passive amp in order to increase or decrease the volume?

The passive has a powerlink and ML connection with the purpose of:

- powerlink connector -> use of the passive just as a external amplifier in the same room as the master audio device (the 2500/ouverture/etc). Volume will be controlled by the ouverture (increasing/decreasing audio line level in the powerlink cable)

- ML -> use of the passive in a linkroom with the ir-eye. The passive controls the volume itself (independent from the audio level on the ML-cable. ML was designed to get the ability of controlling independent volume control in every linkroom.

I cannot foresee the effect of connecting both the powerlink- and ML cable as both can be seen as a source for the passive.

• 06-12-2011 4:51 PM In reply to

Im your last sentance are you basically saying that both masterlink and powerlink will act as a source to the passive amp

what i am trying to acheive is to be able control the volume downstairs during the day on the ouverture and upstairs in the eveninging on the ir sensor?

i think ive made this sound a bit more complicated than it actually is -thank you again for your replies , alex

• 06-12-2011 5:00 PM In reply to

In your setup you could try:

- place the passive in the mainroom, the first speaker connected to the passive. ouverure connected by powerlink.

In this setup. The ouverure will switch the passive on and controls also the volume.

- extend the speaker cable to the bedroom and use the ir cable/eye to the passive.

Not sure if this will work. Also if by chance the passive will switch the ouverture on, the startupvolume on the ouverture could cause a low audio level in the bedroom.

I would search for another solution.

1. You could- buy just 1 (if that's enough for you) active speaker for the mainroom, connected by powerlink to the ouverture.

and place the passive/ir-eye in the bedroom and connected by ML to the ouverture. 

2. place the passive in the mainroom connected with powerlink to the ouverture. No extra ir-eye needed. Buy a third party ir-extender which you place in the bedroom. extend just the speakercable to the bedroom.

But again, the latter it's not the prettiest solution. Or just add another passive to the system. Both rooms then have their own amplifier.

• 06-12-2011 5:13 PM In reply to

gambitxjs:

what i am trying to acheive is to be able control the volume downstairs during the day on the ouverture and upstairs in the eveninging on the ir sensor?

But this is a typical mainroom and linkroom setup. Take the sound with you where you are....

I would make a (small) investment. Buy a pair of active speakers (cheapest are the Beolab 2500's secondlife), or buy an extra beolink passive.

The first passive connected with powerlink to the ouverture (no extra ir-eye), the second connected by ML in the bedroom with an ir-eye.

The benefit is that there only speakers playing where you are at the moment.

• 06-12-2011 5:21 PM In reply to

I usually shift between both rooms all day and the house is open plan anyway( i think i just wanted the option of being able to listen to some music in bed in the morning ?) ineffect my main room and linkroom  are the same room? i think i will try the first suggestion and see what happens to the volume when operated from both sources( hopefully it should not do any damage) regards alex.

• 06-12-2011 5:27 PM In reply to

Then you could place the passive in the mainroom connected by ML to the ouverture.

Then place the ir-eye in a place where you can see it from both the mainroom and the bedroom (if it is that open like you mention)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)