in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-10-2011 12:11 PM by solderon29. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2011 4:54 AM

Beovision/Virgin Tivo/Hdmi Splitter problem

Please Help!!!! I have just had my virgin media box changed from a v+hd box to one of new tivo boxes and i am having problems. I have a beovision 10 40" in my lounge and a beovision 10 32" in the kitchen and they both share the cable tv signal. I have got a splitter which distributes the signal and have never had any problems. Thats until they changed  it to the Tivo box. Now the splitter keeps switching off everytime i turn either the lounge tv on/off? 

So every time i want to watch tv in any room i have to power up the splitter again! Its driving me mad!!!!

I might be wrong but it seems like the tv's are not sending the command to the hdmi to switch it on??!

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks Tom

• 06-10-2011 6:38 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beovision/Virgin Tivo/Hdmi Splitter problem

What brand of switch is it BTW and can you try another make?

• 06-10-2011 6:59 AM In reply to

Thanks for your reply, the splitter is a 1x2 hdmi splitter by Cablesson. As the splitter works fine with the v+hd box i can only assume the problem lies with either the beovision or tivo box?? I can always buy another splitter but didnt want to i find the problem is the tv or tivo thats causing the problems.

• 06-10-2011 12:11 PM In reply to

Is your splitter HDMI 1.3 spec I wonder,and HDCP compliant?

By deduction,as you are only experiencing problems since installing the new pvr,the problem is there.

The new Virgin pvr is quite something,and may have all sorts of interacting nonsense present on it's output.Sky hd pvr's for instance,won't output if they can't establish that the next device is HDCP compliant

For what a current 1.3 compatible splitter will cost,it could be worth trying one?

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)