in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-02-2011 11:31 AM by futurist. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-31-2011 11:08 AM

Weird BeoSound 9000 Problem

An unusual problem with my bs9000 - turned it on and the cd sled moved slightly and got stuck between CDs. It then alarmingly zoomed to the bottom with a clunk. Wouldn't respond to remote or manual commands using buttons on the side. Clock disappears. Turned it off. Turned it on again. Red light and after a few minutes, clock reappears. I open door, ask it to play cd 1 which it does, sled moving back to base.

All fixed I think until I close the door and ask it to play a cd again. Same problem as I began with. It will only function properly with the door open.

Do I have to clean the clear plastic pegs (sensors)? Is this the issue or something more serious?

I'm a little afraid to go near it! It seems possessed...
  • 05-31-2011 11:54 AM In reply to

Re: Weird BeoSound 9000 Problem

Clean the plastic sensors and I am almost sure the problem will be solved.

• 05-31-2011 3:26 PM In reply to

• Russ
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-07-2007
    • Washington, DC USA
    • Posts 641
    • Bronze Member

Not to worry (too much)!  Blackrix is correct.  Cleaning solves this issue more than 90% of the time.  

I advise that you remove all of the cd's, and with the door still open disconnect the BS-9000 from mains power.  Clean both sides of the glass panel.  GENTLY clean the two plastic 'pylons' which protrude from the alumininum surface.  Clean the aluminum.  If you have a camera or electronics cleaning kit, gently clean the lens on the CD sled.  Restore power.  Fill us in on the results.

Russ

We kid because we love.

Bang & Olufsen Tysons Galleria

McLean, VA USA

• 05-31-2011 7:34 PM In reply to

Thanks for that advice - gives me confidence. I'll do it tonight and let you know.

Stuart

• 06-01-2011 3:27 AM In reply to

When cleaning the lens, first put in a cd in cd position 1,

choose a long disk with say 20 tracks on, play it on the last track so the lens travels to the end of the sled , then power off whilst playing,

this will help you reach and clean the lens without bending the clamper, a little trick i found along the way.

Dont clean it with anything other than isopropynol on a cotton bud (q-tip)

but before you do clean anything, play the movie theme from the 'exorcist', turn the volume up and rapidly turn your ceiling lights on and off, just for fun.

jason

• 06-01-2011 7:46 AM In reply to

All sorted after a clean of the sensors and the glass door - both of which were spotless to my eyes anyway. I guess an invisible film does build up on glass over time. 

Just glad it was a simple fix. Exorcism completed...

• 06-01-2011 10:33 AM In reply to

futurist:
    both of which were spotless to my eyes anyway

I agree having had the same problem.

One night mine did exactly the same thing -dropping like a hammer! After cleaning up the Scotch I spit across the room... I logged into BeoWorld and then proceeded to do the sensor clean. Worked perfectly.

To the point: I thought mine was "spotless" as well and was truly surprised to find that seemingly the slightest bit of dust on the pyramidal sensors could have caused this!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 06-01-2011 10:04 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Iconic-AV:

but before you do clean anything, play the movie theme from the 'exorcist', turn the volume up and rapidly turn your ceiling lights on and off, just for fun.

LaughingLaughingLaughing

All joking aside, this fault sounds horrifying!

Evan

• 06-02-2011 11:31 AM In reply to

Possibly a good reason to install horizontally!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)