in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-21-2007 9:44 AM by deaddruid. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-20-2007 6:18 AM

Beomaster 6000 remote sensor

When working normally BM6000 responds to remote control and works well even when not directly pointed at the sensor. An intermittent fault has developed requiring the remote to be held within approx 10cm from the sensor to work. The sensor fault is unpredictable. I have three 2035 terminals so have ruled out problems with those. I have an MCL.82 connected which continues to work at all times (this has a wired emmitter positioned very near the sensor).I have checked the sensor is not loose within the module and cleaned around the housing. Help appreciated.
  • 07-20-2007 8:05 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beomaster 6000 remote sensor

For the Beomaster 6000 (1980's non-quad) the remote receiver is an optional module plugged into the lower front of the Beomaster
    (ie. not all Beomasters have it).

It can be taken out the same way or you can open the Beomaster
    for inspection and service as described in the service manual.
    Check for dust buildup at the sensor, especially at the inside of the plastic IR dome, clean if necessary.
    Check any and all adjustments as per the service manual, check power supplies and check for bad solders, especially around the interconnecting PCB cables/plugs.

Finally, aging capacitors can cause the strangest problems. A complete kit for the Beomaster is available.

If everything else fails I may have a replacement remote receiver module
    in my little stock of good used parts but check the sensor first.

Martin

• 07-20-2007 12:05 PM In reply to

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

I know this might sound silly, but try removing the batteries from the remote, cleaning the battery terminals, and fitting fresh batteries.

The point is that, as battery voltage falls, it's not just the LED brightness that changes - the pulse timing can too. If this is the case, then one sensor (the one which uses the fastest clock pulse) will fail before the others.

Good luck!

Mark

• 07-21-2007 5:27 AM In reply to

Thankyou for the replies Mark & Martin. All three remote units have good batteries and work fine with the MCL.82. I am sure the fault lies somewhere in the module/sensor on the BM6000. I did check for dust build-up in the sensor housing and thoroughly cleaned, I also checked the sensor had not moved in the holder. My dealer continues to insist that parts are obsolete so it is good to know that a complete capacitor kit is available. I will be in contact Martin to obtain a replacement part if I have no luck in sorting this out. Thanks, David
  • 07-21-2007 9:44 AM In reply to

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

Sorry, my mistake. I mis-read your original posting - I thought you meant that you had three remote sensors, not three remote controls.

Note to self - read posts properly before replying!

Mark

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)