in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-30-2011 5:25 PM by DoubleU. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-30-2011 11:11 AM

• Sibtain
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-12-2008
    • Buckinghamshire
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

playing an audio cd on beocenter 1?

Hello All,

I've just acquired a nice beocenter 1, the dvd player & all other functions work well. However, when i put an audio cd i expect it to just play like it does on my AV5 but it doesn't. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Currently, what im doing is loading the cd then the only options i can select from the list are radio, dvd, tv, stb & setup....so i select cd & then it just ejects the CD right out. I have tried a couple of other audio cd's but with no luck

thanks in advance...

• 05-30-2011 12:17 PM In reply to

Re: playing an audio cd on beocenter 1?

Sibtain:

Hello All,

I've just acquired a nice beocenter 1, the dvd player & all other functions work well. However, when i put an audio cd i expect it to just play like it does on my AV5 but it doesn't. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Currently, what im doing is loading the cd then the only options i can select from the list are radio, dvd, tv, stb & setup....so i select cd & then it just ejects the CD right out. I have tried a couple of other audio cd's but with no luck

thanks in advance...

My BC1 plays CDs but using the DVD setting on the Beo4. The TV screen usually comes on for a brief moment until it detects that it is a CD rather than DVD. Trying the CD selector on the Beo4 has no effect on my BC1 (and doesn't eject the CD.)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 05-30-2011 4:29 PM In reply to

• Sibtain
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-12-2008
    • Buckinghamshire
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

Hi Graham,

yeh tried that, it still doesn't seem to do the trick.

Maybe the BC1 just has something against Eric Clapton....Im using the DVD settings but i get a grey screen, then it just ejects

• 05-30-2011 4:56 PM In reply to

Sibtain:

Hi Graham,

yeh tried that, it still doesn't seem to do the trick.

Maybe the BC1 just has something against Eric Clapton....Im using the DVD settings but i get a grey screen, then it just ejects

I'm no expert on the BC1 (which, incidentally, caused my first posting to the site when I couldn't get the radio to work!)

Has the BC1 been previously used in a set-up where a previous owner has optioned the Beo4 to take account of other B&O units in the same room (or has the BC1 been used as a 'slave' link to a different unit with a CD player?)

According to Lee in other postings the CD/DVD units are prone to developing faults, but if the DVDs play without problems then I can only imagine that this is a minor issue with the settings.  Let us all know if you solve it!

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 05-30-2011 5:25 PM In reply to

If DVD is working, doesn't mean a CD should work too. And there is really nothing you can do in your settings, to let the CD not work. I suspect your CD/DVD mechanism needs to be replaced.

A few years ago I had the same unit replaced, because the radio was not working. Yes, it's all in the same unit. Good luck!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)