in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-11-2011 1:13 AM by hfat. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-08-2011 7:23 AM

N.Radio and N.Music in a link room

I need a good advice on how to get the following setup to work, so I can hear and control N.Radio and N.Music from Beomedia 1 in a link room.

My setup is like this:

Living room: BV7 mk III (option 2) with HDR 2 and Beocord V8000
                        Beomedia 1 connected to BV7 with ML, VGA and soundcables, and to V8000 with soundcables (as Camcorder)
                        Beocenter 9500 and Beogram 9500 connected to BV7 with MCL -> Beolink converter -> ML (option 0)

Bedroom: Beovision MX 4002 connected via ML
    Bathroom: Xtra speaker kit from BC9500
    Office: Xtra speaker kit from BC 9500
    Outside: Xtra speaker kit from BC 9500

BM1 is activated trough PC command, and works off cource perfect in the living room controlled from BV7, but to hear N.Radio in the bathroom or outside is quite difficult, but I can solve it this way:
    Turn N.Radio on in the living room. Go to the bedroom and turn on the HDR2 througt MX 4002. Go to the Bathroom and turn on the sound from HDR2 (sound is coming througt AUX on the BC 9500). Go back to the bedroom, start the V8000, enter the menu on the V8000 and select Camcorder, and the sound from BM1 comes through AUX in the BC 9500
    Problem is, that - except from volume control via BC 9500 - I cant control the BM1 at all from the link rooms, when I do it like this (and my wife thinks i'm a little bit crazy)

I thought the problem was solved when I got a Beolink passive because it's a masterlink product instead of MCL. I hoped that I could use the PC command, but found out, that Beolink passive needs the N.Radio command to start N.Radio and not PC command. In my current setup N.Radio command activates my BG 9500 (Phono), so I think theres a conflict between new and old equipment. 

Is there a way to control my Beomedia (N.Radio and N.Music) from a Beolink passive in a linkroom with my current setup.
    Is the problem my old audiomaster? 

Martin

• 05-08-2011 8:20 AM In reply to

Re: N.Radio and N.Music in a link room

this is an old issue when de BM1 was introduced. You need a BS3000, BS3200, BC2, BS9000, BS4 to integrate a BM1 completely in a link system. With older system you will end up with difficulties.

I presume the BV7 and the BC9500 are connected through a Beolink converter T1611. Correct?

I would connect the BM1 with the BV7 using SPDIF and connect the analog to the A.Tape2 or Phono (no datalink). Start listen to PC (choose N.Radio in the menu on the BV7). Choose in a MCL link room A.Tape2 or Phono depending where you connected the BM1, presumably you will hear N.Radio. 

• 05-08-2011 8:28 AM In reply to

Thanks - You are correct about the Beolink converter 1611.

Martin

• 05-08-2011 9:29 AM In reply to

If I use a Beosound 3000/3200 as audiomaster, can I still have the Beocenter 9500 in the system?

Martin

• 05-08-2011 12:23 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Try to assign your BM1 as V.AUX to the BV7. This command can be detected by your Xtra speaker kits (L.OPT 2) and your MX. When you activate V.AUX from a linkroom the BM1 should start up, step down to N.MUSIC (or N.RADIO) and press GO. Now you should be able to control your BM1 and you have sound in the linkroom. 

You can`t have a BS3000 and a BC9500 as audiomaster in a ML system. But you could set up the BC9500 as a local system in a linkroom using an extra speaker kit in L.OPT 4.

Hope this helps

Stefan

• 05-08-2011 1:24 PM In reply to

I've just tried to assign BM1 as V.AUX on the BV7 (AV5). I can start BM1 with V.AUX and see the menu on the screen, but i'm not able to control it with Beo4. Nothing is happening when i'm pushing "UP", "DOWN" or "GO" - am I missing something?

Martin

• 05-08-2011 3:10 PM In reply to

you have to assign it also in the BM1 to V,Aux

See the set-up guide (if you dont have search for it op the web; or on this site as a .... member)

• 05-08-2011 3:43 PM In reply to

I have the manuals (got them from this website as a member...) but the PC/V.AUX fiels is dimmed because BV7 supports Beomedia, so I can't change it in the system setting. Is there another way to change it to V.AUX?

Martin

• 05-10-2011 8:43 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Disconnect BM1 from Masterlink, connect a keyboard and try to make the settings via keyboard. Then reconnect it to ML.

I don`t know,whether this will work. Just an idea. Maybe worth a try....(?)

Stefan

• 05-10-2011 1:36 PM In reply to

Stefan is right.

If you have to change the setting from PC to VAux, then you have to disconnect the ML. Only then the greyed out option will be visible and therefore changeable.

• 05-10-2011 4:32 PM In reply to

Thanks - I will try to do it that way

Martin

• 05-11-2011 1:13 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

When you set BM1 to work with V.Aux you need an extra IR-Eye to control BM1. This is the reason why it will not work in your Link-rooms. V.AUx is available as link command, but BM1 will not start up as it does not reveive a command. You can use an IR-transmitter to get the IR-Signal from the link room to BM1. I've used this way to get BM1 into link rooms. You have to be carefil selecting the IR-transmitter/extender to carry 455Mz which is the frequency B&O uses instead of the usual 38kHz.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)