in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-01-2011 4:29 PM by ipaul. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-16-2011 6:39 AM

Avant tweeters not working

A friend of mine has a Beovision Avant. I noticed that the sound was not crisp.

After removing the grille, we found out that the tweeters were not working. The other two speakers work perfectly.

What could this be? I don't know how much amplifiers the avant has, or might it be some connection problem.

Is there anyone who can tell me where to start looking?

Thanks in advance.

Nico

• 04-16-2011 11:49 AM In reply to

Re: Avant tweeters not working

Hi Nico, my guess is they're the victims of a loud party...:).

Anyway, i assume you're able to do someting with electronics i can advice the following: just take them out of the speakerbox (only 2 screws per tweeter) and measure them with an ohm meter / multimeter.

If the reading is like 4-8 ohm it's probably fine, if it reads infinite the tweeter is dead.

If you don't have any multimeter, connect them to, for example, a small radio on low volume (!!) and see if they make sound still (of course: if they still make sound they're probably ok).

The avant has separate amps for low and high per channel, it's unlikely that on boths channels the hi amp died, so my guess is the tweeters.

If you find the tweeters are dead, i have spares for you (and i live in NL too).

Good luck.

• 04-16-2011 2:23 PM In reply to

Thanks! We're gonna take a look at that. 

• 05-01-2011 10:24 AM In reply to

Indeed the speakers seem to be dead. I'm interested in your tweeters.

• 05-01-2011 4:29 PM In reply to

Sure, PM me so i can send them to you....

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)