in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-28-2011 3:59 PM by Medogsfat. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-24-2011 9:08 AM

My new ride.

As I have been told that I am not allowed to buy an old car to restore I have had to settle on something slightly smaller. As people on here appreciate classic design icons I thought I would post up a picture. It will bring back some memories for people of a certain age.

If you've never ridden one let me tell you that if you do want to have children you have to be very careful of the gear lever Big Smile

• 04-24-2011 9:14 AM In reply to

Re: My new ride.

What a classic!  My neighbor had one of these and the seat made it perfect for riding wheelies for blocks!  Very cool color you found, there, too.

• 04-24-2011 9:45 AM In reply to

My brother and I got one each for christmas one year and we were exstatic. My brother had one exactly as the pic - Purple, with the "sport T-bar" gear stick, luggage rack and "short saddle" - I had a metallic red, white writing, with the longer saddle, no luggage rack and black round gear knob. Note how the back arms come down from the saddle to meet where the wheel is attached. The "short" wheel base bike they curve round to meet and on the "long" wheel base bike they go straight down.

Had many years fun out of them. Had to re-cover the seats a couple of times because the side vinyl split & cracked. The top, padded stuff seemed to last much better. It will make a great project to clean up and refurbish! The suspension works really well once you clean everything up and grease it.

Stoobie

• 04-27-2011 5:10 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

so many years back!!!! I'm also not at the moment "entitled" to go for an old car restoration, therefore it's an excellent idea for a nice project!!!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 04-27-2011 2:58 PM In reply to

• Toby
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 12-04-2010
    • Worthing
    • Posts 23
    • Gold Member

You need to get a big arial and a squirrel's tail to go on the back!

• 04-27-2011 6:15 PM In reply to

• tc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-25-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 18
    • Bronze Member

I always wanted one of these but my dad said they were just silly and I would have a sensible bike and like it!Sad

Adrian.

• 04-27-2011 6:35 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

I had one. My Dad won it in a raffle. Very nostalgic.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 04-28-2011 2:43 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Don't do anything at all to it that will alter its originality though.

One of these in original condition sold for over £1,200 on ebay a few years back.

Chris.

EDIT :- mine was red Smile

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-28-2011 3:03 PM In reply to

Ooh. I think a "friend" of mine had one (I remember the gear lever) and I was jealous.

Had to try and better it in some other way. With another friend, we installed radios - it wasn't a Beolit I can tell you!

-mika

• 04-28-2011 3:20 PM In reply to

Ive got it all fine mechanically now, adjusted up the gears so they dont slip, new brakes and tyres. Also fixed the gear selector so the orange indicator moves when changing gear. I will be respraying it in its original colour and replacing the decals.

This is a mk2, its the mk1's that are the really pricey ones.

I have had a few odd looks on the couple of times Ive ridden it.

• 04-28-2011 3:24 PM In reply to

beaker:

LaughingLaughingLaughing I would like to see that!

-mika

• 04-28-2011 3:59 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

beaker:

Photo's please Beaker. Big Smile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)