in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-19-2007 4:56 AM by AT. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-18-2007 3:03 PM

Beosound 2500 - how to operate the tape - User Manual?

Hi I just bought a second hand BeoSound 2500 and have been using it fine for CDs and linked through the AUX (Phono) for the TV.

I decided to test out the tape and put one in, I started to rewind the tape and then decided to just press stop and play to test it but it doesnt seem to want to play, it displays "TP <>" on the screen, and I cant get it to release the tape to take it back out again now either...

Help!!!

Joe

• 07-18-2007 3:40 PM In reply to

Re: Beosound 2500 - how to operate the tape - User Manual?

Could have just got it's knickers in a twist, suggest unplug from mains for a few seconds and plug in again. Does it release the tape?

Probably not so it's a drive belt problem. Bit tricky to replace but still available from B&O.

The user and service manuals are available to silver and gold members of the forum. Well worth upgrading and gold members get 12 entries into the monthly draw!

Regards Graham

• 07-18-2007 3:48 PM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

If you cant get the tape out, that must mean that the heads have moved into the tape, preventing you from removing it. Can you still get it to rewind or FF?
    Cheers Graeme
  • 07-18-2007 3:51 PM In reply to

Yes the heads have moved up in to the tape. when I first put the tape in it was rewinding ok, but now it wont play, or fast forward or rewind... In fact when I try to play or rewind it just switches the unit off !

I should mention that before I bought it , the unit was serviced by B&O and had a brand new CD fitted and a New keypad. The notes didnt mention the tape player at all...

Joe

• 07-18-2007 3:57 PM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

Have you tried switching it off like Graham said? when you switch off the heads should retract.

Is the tape at its very end? could be the tape has jammed its self

Cheers Graeme
  • 07-18-2007 3:58 PM In reply to

Before I unplug it, should I unplug the speakers? It is running with a pair of BeoLab Penta 2 speakers, the guy I bought it from said something about needing to turn them on and off in a specific order, I cant remember what he said...

Joe

P.S. No the tape is in the middle...

• 07-18-2007 4:05 PM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

I think thats just for your displays to work on the pentas, but am sure Graham can confirm this.

Can you hear any motors running when you try to play or FF RW?

Cheers Graeme
  • 07-18-2007 4:20 PM In reply to

I meant the power cables (unplug from the plug sockets the Pentas) before I switch off the main unit...

I have tinitus and cant hear that sort of noise easily anyway so I couldnt say if there was a motor running or not...

Joe

• 07-18-2007 4:28 PM In reply to

• Graeme
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Aberdeenshire Scotland
    • Posts 194
    • Bronze Member

I dont think it matters in which order you switch everything off, but when you power up again the pentas need to be on first so that your displays on the pentas sync with the unit.

Is there anyone else you can get to check if the motors are turning, cos if they are, I would say Graham is right about you having a belt problem.  

Cheers Graeme
  • 07-18-2007 5:21 PM In reply to

It shouldn't effect the pentas 'cos they should be on standby but just to be safe I would disconnect their mains supply.

Your tape symptoms are typical of a broken belt. Should not cost more than 1 hour service labour plus the part. Say £60-70 or so in the UK.

Regards Graham

• 07-19-2007 4:56 AM In reply to

• AT
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 187
    • Founder

I had an error like this in my system, but with the CD module. After we checked it inside, then we found out, that only a cable was badly connected - after it was "pressed" to it's correct place, there was no more "error message" on the screen, and the CD player just playes all CD fine.

So, therefore I think, Your system is not able to perfectly handle the cassette mechanism - and to avoid from a bigger problem it shuts itself down. It could be a very simple problem from a not perfectly installed cable (please notice the CD mechanism replace!) up to a damaged cassette mechanism. 

IMHO, if the system doesn't release the tape after a short power down, I suggest You not to try to solve the problem by Yourself, but to ask for a help from an authorised dealer, and if it's possible, the servician who replaced the CD in Your BL2500.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)