in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-22-2011 3:19 PM by Cleviebaby. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-22-2011 7:51 AM

Transporting P45s by car

Sadly, despite numerous attempts to treat it, I still seem to be prone to a particular strain of the Beovirus that focuses on vintage Rosewood beovoxes (Beovoxitis?). 

I'm hoping to collect a pair of P45s from another member later this week, but I know from reading numerous threads on this site that the glue holding the magnets to the frame loosens over time and they then get 'stuck'.  I believe this is particulary prone to happening in transport.

Does anyone have any particular advice on how to transport them by car? I will be armed with a load of bubble wrap, etc, but any additional thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cleve

• 08-22-2011 8:07 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Transporting P45s by car

Handle them carefully. Carry by hand, not on a trolley or similar and only one at a time.
    Don't bang them against anything as that is exactly what causes the woofers to lock.
    When you get them home, take out the woofers and glue the magnets.

The Beovox P45 is one of my favourite speakers. So elegant, timeless and when wallmounted
    at correct height (ear height), they have an incredible pleasant sound.
    I have a white pair on the wall in my bedroom.

Martin

• 08-22-2011 3:19 PM In reply to

Re: Transporting P45s by car

Martin,

As always, thank you very much for your advice. 

I will also drive very carefully!

Cleve

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)