in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-13-2011 5:15 PM by Evan. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-12-2011 11:51 PM

• murcieme
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-17-2007
    • Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 73
    • Gold Member

New picture of B&O CENTRE speaker in BMW's new 6-series coupe!

Hi all!  BMW just released new shots of their 6 Series Coupe (NOT the convertible), and one of them shows something quite interesting, a B&O centre mounted speaker for the stereo system, below:

B&O in BMW 6er

If you'd like to see pics and info of the car itself, which is much nicer than the outgoing model, take a click on the link below:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-6-series-coupe.html

I don't care for the blown flashbulb headlights, but I think the rest of the design is amazing.

There's a few pics of the old-news BMW 6 Series concept convertible, which also features a B&O stereo, on my Flickr page in the CIAS 2011 set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pathologicalpuppy/sets/

mike

Since 1977

Filed under: ,
  • 03-13-2011 12:20 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Re: New picture of B&O CENTRE speaker in BMW's new 6-series coupe!

Well that is certainly a grand centerpiece!

The rest of the car, I'm really not sure about. I think I'd like that car to stick out little bit more for its segment/price. It looks like an inflated 3 series coupe - not going to turn many more heads.

I wish they would do away with those ridiculously tiny reverse lights! I need to see who is backing up in the car park! More than 2 LEDs please!

Evan

• 03-13-2011 3:50 AM In reply to

I like the car, but BMW can do better and I'm thinking of the E9 and E31 in particular. Don't worry about the tiny reverse lights, they emit enough light for you to see when it's backing up. Larger reverse light would ruin the look of the rear light units altogether I think.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 03-13-2011 6:57 AM In reply to

Looks awesome!

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 03-13-2011 10:44 AM In reply to

I wonder if the speaker is pop-up, A8-style, or permanently open like that.

• 03-13-2011 12:03 PM In reply to

XavierItzmann:

I wonder if the speaker is pop-up, A8-style, or permanently open like that.

Have a look at this video. You'll find the answer after 42 seconds. Cool

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 03-13-2011 3:40 PM In reply to

beocool:

Have a look at this video. You'll find the answer after 42 seconds. Cool

Got it.  Nice looking big car!

• 03-13-2011 4:49 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

beocool:

I like the car, but BMW can do better and I'm thinking of the E9 and E31 in particular. Don't worry about the tiny reverse lights, they emit enough light for you to see when it's backing up. Larger reverse light would ruin the look of the rear light units altogether I think.

Beek, I really want to agree but I cannot tell you how many times I have been driving through a car park and a 5 series (with similar size reverse lights) almost backed into me! They are nearly unnoticeable.

Evan

• 03-13-2011 5:04 PM In reply to

Evan:

beocool:

Beek, I really want to agree but I cannot tell you how many times I have been driving through a car park and a 5 series (with similar size reverse lights) almost backed into me! They are nearly unnoticeable.

Strange, I do not have any trouble with those either.

• 03-13-2011 5:15 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

There is a car called the Scion xB here, it only has one reverse light on the extreme left corner. Completely out of sight when on coming down the aisle from the opposite side!

Evan

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)