in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-24-2011 5:17 AM by Mr10Percent. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-23-2011 4:49 AM

Virage, the new Aston Martin Coupé and Volante, B&O, see the photo's

See here the news, Aston Martin Virage, known design, more sporty than the DB9

Regards, Robert

• 02-23-2011 4:51 AM In reply to

Re: Virage, the new Aston Martin Coupé and Volante, B&O, see the photo's

Inside with Bang and Olufsen details

• 02-23-2011 4:52 AM In reply to

More

• 02-23-2011 4:54 AM In reply to

• 02-23-2011 9:12 AM In reply to

Lovely.

But... is it me or do they now have one of the muddiest portfolios ever?

Such similar product!

I was confused before, but now!?!?!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 02-23-2011 10:50 AM In reply to

burantek:
    I was confused before, but now!?!?!

It can be simplifed and distilled into a simple question.

How many cyclinders does it have?

4 – Bad

8 – Good

12 – Better

If you should find yourself in one with 12 cyclinders, do not worry. You are in a special place irrespective of model.

If you should find yourself in one with only 8 cyclinders, also do not worry because you can still have a lot of fun.

If however, you find yourself in a 4 cyclinder one, either you are a) a chav, b) been punished for a wicked deed in your previous life or c) about to commit suicide via the exhaust pipe (which am I told will take forever) because everyone laughs at you.

10%

p.s. If you are confused with AML, then you should try and decipher Porches line-up.

• 02-23-2011 12:02 PM In reply to

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Mr10Percent:
    p.s. If you are confused with AML, then you should try and decipher Porches line-up.

Yes indeed and that is exactly what I was thinking when I posted! Porsche into the late 90's an 00's became impossible to decipher! I suppose they still are! Over the last few years though -I have seen AML seemingly headed down the same road.

I love your 4-8-12... that is certainly simple -but not really the issue.

The decision between the DB9, DBS, and now the Virage is the issue, OOPS... discounting the 12 Vantages, I think! UGH! AAH! Confused

SEE!

Laughing

• B&o bottle opener
  • 02-23-2011 12:11 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

What is that ultra hyper V12 vantage called? I completely forgot about that already... Which is embarrassing because when I first saw it, it immediately became my favorite car. On top gear it was a light blue color.

Evan

• 02-23-2011 12:14 PM In reply to

Evan:
    What is that ultra hyper V12 vantage called?

Just that: V12 Vantage, or are you thinking of the One-77?

• B&o bottle opener
  • 02-23-2011 12:43 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Ok, I suppose it is just the V12 Vantage. Just looked at a bunch of pics online, the wheels look familiar. The one on top gear was prettied up a lot - looked incredible. I could have sworn it had a sporty name add-on. I could also be thinking of the GT4...

I never really got into the One-77.

Evan

• 02-24-2011 5:17 AM In reply to

burantek:
    The decision between the DB9, DBS, and now the Virage is the issue, OOPS...

The decision is down to your preferred driving style. When your spending that much money on a car, you need to know what it does and what it does not. The performance is such in these vehicles that one vehicle alone can not be all things to all men. The DB9 offers smooth relaxing GT crusing. The DBS is significantly more punchier / agressive. This does not suit everybody - especially since (I presume) most modern Aston drivers will be +35yrs old, one style works, the other does not. I guess the Virage is somewhere in between to average the traits of both out.  

Likewise, the V8 Vantage is more "chuckable" than the DBS but lacks the power. The V12 Vantage - well that is the most hardcore of the "normal" range (excluding One-77). It offers performance marginally above that of the DBS, with a very compact-bodied sportscar. However, the relatively hard ride in the V12 Vantage means it is probably not the best for cross-Continental GT crusing. I certainly find myself needing a break after say 5hours in the saddle with the V12V.

So in essence, although they do look the same or very similar inside and out, with many identical parts, the way they are configured and handle is vastly different to one another. You dont initially see that in the press reviews.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)