in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-22-2011 2:32 PM by tim Reed. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-22-2011 12:19 AM

• tim Reed
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 02-11-2011
    • san diego ca.
    • Posts 6
    • Silver Member

beovision av5 with no sound

Helo I recently acquired a beovision av5 I have it operating but cannot get any sound out of the tv. I went in and changed the decoder section to no avail . Any help would be helpful Thanks

• 02-22-2011 11:10 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: beovision av5 with no sound

When you switch the TV on, do the speakers move out from the cabinet?

Have a look in the "sound" menu and check if the TV has external speakers assigned. If TV thinks that external speakers are connected that may be why you are not getting anything through the TV speakers.

• 02-22-2011 11:26 AM In reply to

Or try switching it on and pressing LIST>SPEAKER>1 on the Beo4....

• 02-22-2011 1:11 PM In reply to

Where are you? I thought I saw that you paid $ for this - I didn't know the AV5 was sold in the states. I do wonder if this might be a problem with the sound card. You can change settings but you need the user manual to tell you how to do this - if if it is possible on your model. (different markets have different specs) What is the type number and what is your source for the programme. Does the sound work with a CD?

• 02-22-2011 2:32 PM In reply to

• tim Reed
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 02-11-2011
    • san diego ca.
    • Posts 6
    • Silver Member

I am in san diego ca . Type 8206 from the inputs it is a euro model . I bought it from a auto mechabic who took it in lieu of payment . It is fully functional . even rotates but no sound on tv . The co-ax inputs are for sat-tv and i get no signal thru them . I am using cable signal thru the tv input with adapter and the unit memorizes the channels and plays video but no audio so far . The speakers slide out and plays cds and slide out in tv mode also. I got it cheap and am trying to save it as it is a cool piece . thanks for the help . Tim

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)