in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-20-2011 7:58 PM by Evan. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-04-2010 5:55 PM

Beocentral

Just noticed that the nice chaps at Beocentral have now added links from all the products listed to our product pages. Beocentral offer a very technical and accurate desription of products which is immensely informative. I think BeoWorld has the opportunity to add a slightly more user based slant - so we need reviews! Think of Beocentral as the Encyclopaedia Galactica - we are the Hitchhiker's Guide! Therefore we need our brave band of roving reporters to send us reviews of what they know. We are not looking for magazine type reviews and figures - let us know why you like or hate what you have and how it performs. Send to me or even post on site and I will add them to the prouct pages.

A big thanks to Tim and Nick.

• 09-06-2010 9:55 AM In reply to

Re: Beocentral

I am going to pin this so it does not drop off the bottom! Remember all I want is your impression of the products you use, particularly if there is no review on site. It does not need to be technical - Beocentral does the clever technical review - this is to complement this - what you would liked to have known before you bought the product!

• 09-06-2010 1:34 PM In reply to

• h1npw
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • A cricket ball throw from Trent Bridge
    • Posts 776
    • Founder

Could Beoworld reciprocate and put links on it's product pages to Beocentral?

Cheers

Nigel 

• 09-06-2010 4:35 PM In reply to

My thoughts exactly - I see no reason why not!

• 09-06-2010 6:37 PM In reply to

I was just sitting with the book the Jarman Brothers (sounds like a band) have written about collecting B&O. Always a joy to go through.

I noticed the links to BeoWorld the other day - I like how the two sites complement one another, and how they always turn up first in any search for a particular component.

• 09-06-2010 11:38 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Right Peter, on it! Yes -  thumbs up

Evan

• 09-22-2010 12:28 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Peter, you have a PM Smile

Evan

• 09-22-2010 12:34 PM In reply to

Excellent user review of the Serene now on. Thank you.

• 09-23-2010 4:58 PM In reply to

Review Beogram 2404, type 5763, MMC4, SN. 2851053

Bought used in Los Angeles January 2007, Ups ground shipping to McAllen TX, by car to Mexico city.

Connected to preamp JEC TC 754, to Beosound 3000, to Beolabs 8000.

The deck has been playing ever since without problems, playing vinyl LP, Hanne Boel, Dark Pasion on the deck and same CD on BS 3000 gives nearly no difference, the vinyl a little less bass, but nearly not audible.

Opened the BG 2404 July 2010 to do maintenance ( thanks to Beoworlds fantastic forums), the inside looks nearly new, very little dust.

After cleaning and lubrication the deck plays as before.

The deck has press buttons for play, pause, stop, turn, 33 RPM, 45 RPM, a small wheel for speed ajustment, all working perfectly and the automatic disc size monitor evenso.

The deck has survived a lot of brown and black outs with voltage between 80 and 140 Volts.

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 10-20-2010 8:21 PM In reply to

I think Beocentral is an exelent website for information about B&O gear. Very honest as well! (when some products are just a ripp off, they would tell)

My 2 cents:

My concerns is that there are a lot of B&O "ban-boys" on a website like this and the question is: are members able to write a objective review on products like they the writers did on Beocentral? I mean... would they admit it is sh*t while paying a lot of money for it. 

As you can tell, I'm not realy a B&O freak (although I realy like their old stuff), but more of a audio freak so I'm not commited to B&O.

The best example is the Beolab 8000 imo. They are very popular, but I can't think of one reason why they are any good(soundwise) (once again, that's just my opinion)

Beogram 4000, 4002, 8000, 8002. Sorry, got rid of all the rest.

• 10-21-2010 1:55 AM In reply to

I think you will find that Beoworld has at times been even more critical of certain products that even Beocentral. There is a fine line to be walked here though, This is a B&O enthusiast site so you will find that the majority of views will be positive.

In the case of the Beolab 8000, this is a very beautiful speaker. Despite its unsuitable shape for good audio repruction, clever engineering has produced a very good sounding speaker. Whether you like the sound or not is a matter of taste, but it produces a remarkably flat response.

I preferred Pentas but can see the attraction.

• 10-22-2010 1:41 AM In reply to

As our doctor says, we are entusiast, but if you browse the forum you will find interesting opinions and critical entries, but you will also find usefull advise on how to position or use your equipment, a lot of B&O speakers has to be placed in a certain way to get the most out of them, the engineers at B&O gave very fine instructions on how to place your speakers. Most people place their speakers to fit their furniture and lose some of the the good sound these speakers are able to bring, the newer models have other solutions where you can tell your speaker to calibrate after the sorroundings, but the BL 8000 do not have that. I have BLs 8000 as a front speakers and BL 4000 for back, Where other brands need a subwoofer to get a good low tone, people who listens to my set up ask me "where did you hide your subwoofer", and for their natural soft sound I just love them. The price, comes wih the quality and the design, where will you find a brand that sound so good, so many years in a timeless design.

Saludos Soren

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 11-01-2010 6:47 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Evan:

Nice one Ev!   Excellent review my friend!

Poor me, never win owt!

• 11-01-2010 9:30 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Jandyt:

Evan:

Nice one Ev!   Excellent review my friend!

Thanks Andy!

I have a couple more in the works... Wink

Evan

• 02-07-2011 4:38 PM In reply to

Yes -  thumbs up

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-20-2011 7:58 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Dr. Peter,

You have mail!

Evan