in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-10-2011 8:31 AM by cooldude. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2011 5:30 PM

DONT LAUGH AT MY OLD B&O SET UP - BUT I NEED HELP

OK I HAVE A OLDER SYSTEM FROM B&O

BEOSOUND 9000

AV7000

FIRST GENERATION PLASMA FUJUITSU -

I WANT TO CHANGE THE TV OUT SINCE THE TV IS SHOT. THATS THE EASY PART.  THE QUESTION I REALL;Y HAVE IS THE OLDER CONNECTIONS ON THE BACK OR THE TV. SINCE THE CABELING IS THROUGH THE WALL AND UNDER THE HOUSE.

AM I OPENING UP A CAN WORMS I DO NOT NEED. TO GET A NEW TV. I DONT CARE ABOUT HD OR 3D OR ANYTHIHG LIKE THAT.

• 03-07-2011 6:23 PM In reply to

Re: DONT LAUGH AT MY OLD B&O SET UP - BUT I NEED HELP

Haha!

Your 'old' system sounds perfectly fine to me! I may be missing something but what is it you are trying to achieve? Are you looking to replace it with a B&O TV?

Welcome to Beoworld :)

• 03-07-2011 7:01 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

A can of worms might be an understatement.

New non-B&O televisions now feature multiple HDMI, and USB socket connections. All that I have seen in Europe, North America, and Asia still have RCA connections in back, on the side, or both. A number also have an antennae connection, memory card slots, DVI, AVI, component and composite connections.

In non-B&O, mass-produced televisons, it is only the price that has dropped, and not the features. Your options with any new televison has increased.

Having pulled a few kilometres of cables through conduit in masonry walls, I know how difficult that work can be, especially the drilling. While it was enjoyable in tropical Brasil, it was not much so in the Suisse Winter of 2009.

You mention that you are not interested in HD or 3-D, and if I understand, you wish to retain the B&O 9000 and AV 7000 for sound. Am I right then in thinking you do not have Masterlink cable connection, a Beoport, or Internet sound sources ?  It would be helpful to know a bit more information as to what exactly you have (cables) in the walls, and under the house.

I agree with you regarding 3-D, as that evolving technology is in it's infancy, but HD is another matter. It is sharper, more clear, and easier on the eyes if one views a lot of television, DVD, and also does computer work using the same monitor.     

I would not easily dismiss the opportunity of a new HD television, as it can easily work well using your system. Any HD television could easily connect to your system using an HDMI to AVI or DVI adapter for HD video, with your stereo sound remaining as before.

If you have digital cable service available to you, your solution is very simple. HDMI from your cable-box, Sat TV-box, or set--box dout irectly to your television, with sound-out option then out from your television via your current cables, to your 9000 system.

• 03-08-2011 8:05 AM In reply to

O

• 03-08-2011 8:12 AM In reply to

Sorry about the empty post above. -  Let me try to explain what i have.   I basically inhertited this system from my brother - So bear with me

I Have a old first generation fujuitsi plasma.  

av7000

beo9000

dvd player

vcr

what im trying to is replace the tv with a new flat screen keeping all the wiring the same. 

i know the vcr has the cable box running through it since the av7000 does not have room for more rca jacks

i was thinking the tv will have no problem with whats is pluged in now to it.   i want to remove the vcr and plug cable box into av7000 - not sure if i can - i think i have to leave the vcr in line?   I can alos remove the dvd player since its old. i can replace with a new one as well or i cant because new ones are hdmi or dvi and not rca?

• 03-08-2011 11:33 AM In reply to

RGL1399:

Sorry about the empty post above. -  Let me try to explain what i have.   I basically inhertited this system from my brother - So bear with me

I Have a old first generation fujuitsi plasma.  

av7000

beo9000

dvd player

vcr

what im trying to is replace the tv with a new flat screen keeping all the wiring the same. 

i know the vcr has the cable box running through it since the av7000 does not have room for more rca jacks

i was thinking the tv will have no problem with whats is pluged in now to it.   i want to remove the vcr and plug cable box into av7000 - not sure if i can - i think i have to leave the vcr in line?   I can alos remove the dvd player since its old. i can replace with a new one as well or i cant because new ones are hdmi or dvi and not rca?

Switching out the screen and leaving anything else as is should not be a problem. Most newer screens still have the older style connectors.

Also depends on how the AV7000 is connected up. I use mine for the audio part only.

• 03-08-2011 12:30 PM In reply to

I DO THINK THE SOUND IS ONLY THINK THAT IS ROUTED THROUGH THE AV7000  WHEN I TUNR THE SYSTEM ON I HIT V TAPE AND VCR GOES ON AND THE VIDEO GOES ON. 

I REALLY DO THINK THE AV7000 IS FOR THE SOUND ONLY?  

• 03-08-2011 12:51 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Cool is quite correct. You should have no problem switching to a new television.

DVD + VCR:

You have options available to you of two new devices, or a combination unit if you still are watching VCR tapes. Having purchased a combination unit recently for my parents, I found even the most modern to be moderately expensive and somewhat limited in features. Multi-region DVD players on the other hand, are feature loaded, and being mass-produced,  very inexpensive.

Again, any DVD device having HDMI should not be a limitation for you as the majority usually come with RCA connections.

BS 9000 + AV 7000:

The AV 7000 was intended for the North American market. I have one but it now sits unused in a walk-in closet of B&O items. I just took a look at it and the instruction guide that was included with it.

You may be able to use it as it is presently connected, or by-pass the AV 7000 completely, and plug your new television and DVD/VCR player directly into your Beosound 9000 unit. This might add one extra remote on the table, but remove some problems down the line. This would allow your BS 9000 to control your audio directly, and eliminate one older appliance off the electrical service bill.

As you have a BS 9000, may I ask what model of speakers are you using, and if they are amplified ?

• 03-08-2011 1:14 PM In reply to

I think there are far too many questions for the OP to answer and further "solutions" are likely to confuse him more.  OP, why don't you post EXACTLY what you have.  Do you have speakers?  If so, what kind?  2 of them?  5 of them?  surround sound?  If you only have 2 speakers do you want surround sound?    If you really want help, you have to describe exactly what you want to do.  Otherwise it's all a waste of time...the more time you spend on your question the better your responses will be.

Looking at your original post and follow up...it really seems the scope of your questions and your understanding are possibly beyond the scope of what we can help you with in the forums.  I'm not trying to be mean here but it seems that you are not exactly tech-savvy.  That's OK, but I think you are going to need some more involved help. 

One final suggestion as the internet may be new to you....make sure you click that little "CAPS LOCK" key off and don't type in all CAPS.

• 03-08-2011 2:52 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

macjonny;

It's not a waste of time; He did ask for help.

• 03-08-2011 3:11 PM In reply to

What I said that it's a waste of time to try to answer without more information.

It's like if I asked for directions to your house....without giving you information on where I was coming from.  Would it be worthwhile for someone else to pick a random spot and start giving directions?

• 03-09-2011 10:45 AM In reply to

RGL1399:

I DO THINK THE SOUND IS ONLY THINK THAT IS ROUTED THROUGH THE AV7000  WHEN I TUNR THE SYSTEM ON I HIT V TAPE AND VCR GOES ON AND THE VIDEO GOES ON. 

The AV7000 was conceived to take control of both audio and video sources.
    Is your vcr a Bang&Olufsen or other brand ?

Indeed more info is needed in order to help you out here. 

What exactly is connected to the AV7000? And what is connected directly to the TV.
    Maybe take a picture of the back of the AV7000 showing which plugs you currently use ?

• 03-09-2011 1:32 PM In reply to

cooldude:

RGL1399:

The AV7000 was conceived to take control of both audio and video sources.
    Is your vcr a Bang&Olufsen or other brand ?

Indeed more info is needed in order to help you out here. 

What exactly is connected to the AV7000? And what is connected directly to the TV.
    Maybe take a picture of the back of the AV7000 showing which plugs you currently use ?

Hey cool dude have you ever thought about getting rid of that AV7000?  I'm curious why you are still hanging on to that? What about getting a cheap used receiver with some pre-outs?

• 03-09-2011 3:18 PM In reply to

macjonny1:

Hey cool dude have you ever thought about getting rid of that AV7000?  I'm curious why you are still hanging on to that? What about getting a cheap used receiver with some pre-outs?

The AV was a temp solution as I was moving and had alot of renovations going on in my place creating alot of dust.
    I wanted something that worked without too much problems and if it died, I wouldn't care too much....

I never used it's video capabilities  and it's currently doing duty in my office to connect some of our older presentation gear to.

Currently switched to my beosystem 1 connected to panasonic plasma, beolab 8000 fronts and beolab 8000 rears, beolab4000 center. 
    Linked to beoport and beosound 4000. All commanded by beo4 remotes and iphone.

It sounds good and works well together, so I have no benefit changing receiver. Do not want to end up with another clunky plastic remote either.

• 03-09-2011 3:35 PM In reply to

macjonny1:
    I'm curious why you are still hanging on to that?

It's the cheapest way (under$100) to get 5.1 control for beolabs.
    With the beolink converter also controlled my beoport without problems.

The video part was never a consideration for the AV7000 (nor for the beosystem1) 
    If you want better image control, I suggest a dvdo edge scaler which does a very fine job with full image control.

• 03-10-2011 7:34 AM In reply to

I have a BEO 9000 and when i turn it on no music is coming out of it. Just a buzz - its reading the Radio Stations and Cds are spinning.   Could there be a setting im missing.   Or a check list i can see if something is turned off or not hooked up .

• 03-10-2011 8:31 AM In reply to

Check and make sure all connectors are plugged in properly.
    Unplug both AV and BS9000 from the mains for a couple of minutes and plug back in. 

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)