in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-08-2011 1:59 PM by tournedos. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-08-2011 3:44 AM

MX5500 Sat box connection

Hello all,

I have a B&O Mx5500 and a BEO link 1000 controller.

I am trying to connect a sky sat box to the television using a scart cable.

The problem is that the TV will only recognise the sat box if I remove the power cord from the sky box and then replace it.

If I just switch the sat box on from standby the television does not recognise it.

Is this a setup problem with the television? If so, how do I access the setup menu using the beolink 1000.

Thanks

Sparkymark

• 02-08-2011 5:18 AM In reply to

Re: MX5500 Sat box connection

Hi Mark,

Press TV then Menu. You can then assign the two scart connectors. Use the << >> and up/down buttons to scroll through the choices until SAT appears next to 1 or 2 (whichever scart your box is plugged into) Press PLAY to store the setting and exit the menu. 

To access the box press the SAT button.

Hope this helps

David

• 02-08-2011 5:18 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

switch on tv in tv mode then press menu button on bl1000 and you should be able to assign a sat config to a scart socket - you should then be up and viewing

apologies if you have already tried this

tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 02-08-2011 6:12 AM In reply to

Thanks David and Tony for your replies,

My Beolink 1000 does not have a menu button. I think mine must be the Mk11 version, the Mk111 version has the menu button you refer too.

I would of still thought that it is possible to program the TV with the Mk11 Beolink 1000.

Any suggestions to how I might do this would be welcome.

Sparkymark

• 02-08-2011 6:16 AM In reply to

Yes it is possible, the MENU command is sent with SHIFT+TEXT on the older Beolinks.

This thread has a number of tricks for various BL1000 versions.

-mika

• 02-08-2011 7:06 AM In reply to

Hello Mika,

Thanks for the list.

I tried to access the setup using  SHIFT + TEXT.

All I have on my screen is:       MEM1

P100

I can't find anything like a menu where I can assign a sat av scart connection.

Any other things I can try?

Sparkymark

• 02-08-2011 8:00 AM In reply to

You're not trying to push them together, are you? Sounds like only the TEXT command is getting through...

You need to push & release SHIFT first, then TEXT.

BTW I'm not quite sure if the SAT function will work for you - you might need to assign the box as V.TAPE or something. But see what you will find in the menu.

-mika

• 02-08-2011 11:19 AM In reply to

Hi Mika

Your right, I was trying to push them together.

It seems to of worked; I assigned av2 to SAT and so far the TV is connecting to the sat box.

Thanks very much for your help. I'd buy you a drink but Finlands a bit too far from Dusseldorf.

Cheers

Mark

• 02-08-2011 1:59 PM In reply to

I will actually be at the Düsseldorf airport in a month, but it'll be too brief a visit to take you up on your kind offer Laughing

Glad it worked! The reason I mentioned the SAT button as a possible problem is that it does absolutely nothing on my MX6000, and I can't assign it anywhere. Apparently this is because it is reserved for the optional internal satellite module, but 5500 seems different as it works for you.

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)