in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-02-2011 6:30 AM by StUrrock. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2011 6:14 AM

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Music synching great with BS5 but BeoConnect a real headache

The brilliant thing with a digital music collection is the ability to store a large collection and have it sound sublime through the BeoSound5. The sound from this machine never ceases to amaze me. Last night listened to the opening of Cry me a River -Michael Buble though lab 9s made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, as for the last movement of Bruckner Symphony 8, amazing!!!!

However, I was struggling with the quantity of music and duplicates from 3 different MACs/PCs in the house. Then a programme called GoodSynch came to the rescue. It allows me to merge the music from the 3 separate computers to one folder on my Mac Mini server, then this 'Master Folder' performs a Synch with BeoMaster/BS5. This was working great and all automated with no duplicates!!

However BeoConnect (latest version) in the Dock often goes gray for no reason and I cannot find the BeoMaster5 therefore no synching :(

I know my network is good as the streaming of NRadio is perfect and all other devices perform well on the network.

Does anyone else have this problem with losing the BeoConnect connection with their Mac?

• 01-23-2011 7:01 AM In reply to

• Teletom
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-09-2007
    • the Netherlands
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

Re: Music synching great with BS5 but BeoConnect a real headache

Quote: .........it sound sublime through the BeoSound5. The sound from this machine never ceases to amaze me. .......... though lab 9s made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, as for the last movement of Bruckner Symphony 8, amazing!!!!.......... Unquote

Unfortunately I can't be of any help for your BeoConnect problem.

However, I do like your 'One sentence' Smile positive review of your BS5/BL9 combination. As I am considering to upgrade to BS5/BM5 I am trying to get an idea of how much improvement in sound I could expect in comparison with the sytem I have now, being BS3000 with Beoport and a pair of BL9's.

Thanks, Johan

• 01-23-2011 12:09 PM In reply to

StUrrock:

However BeoConnect (latest version) in the Dock often goes gray for no reason and I cannot find the BeoMaster5 therefore no synching :(

switch off the automatic energy saver in the BS5. if the BS5 switch off it closes the connection 

• 04-02-2011 6:30 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Carolpa, all perfect now. All synched up automatically everyone happy.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)