in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-26-2011 7:50 PM by Evan. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-22-2011 3:19 AM

Beovox 2500 good price

The one who sold this pair on Ebay must be very happy. Is he lucky? I saw other 2500's sold for much less on Ebay. Maybe the were not in the same condition. I've got a set which is in super mint condition but I do not dare to put them on EbayUnsure

B&O item 1, B&O item 2, B&O item 3,...................B&O item 735

Beovirus? What's that?

• 01-22-2011 3:30 AM In reply to

Re: Beovox 2500 good price

I have seen pairs go for a lot more! And, as you say, considerably less! They are a strange speaker really as with modern dome technology, they should have little purpose. However they do widen the stereo image much more than one would expect. If you play them by themselves, you would be astounded by how little sound they produce, and how you cannot hear anything intelligible at all. With other speakers though, they can boost performance markedly. I have tried them with a variety of speakers - including RLs.

• 01-22-2011 3:46 AM In reply to

Doctor:
    I have tried them with a variety of speakers - including RLs.

How could you connect them with RL speakers? I thought 2500's can only be connected to the Vox 3000/5000 and some other types which has special DIN connectors for these.

Beovirus? What's that?

• 01-22-2011 5:38 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

If you just coonect them to the rear speaker outputs that would work. As far as I know all that happens with any of the speakers with the DIN connection. Is that once you conneect them, it cuts out the normal tweeter inside the speaker.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 01-22-2011 6:32 AM In reply to

The cubes have a filter cap inside of them, so in theory you can just connect them to spkr 2 outputs to run parallel with the other speakers, or whatever.

BUT it is not a proper crossover, and it will be very easy to burn the cube tweeters with any proper volume. Not recommended!

I think Frede builds a crossover box so you can connect the cubes safely alongside any other speakers.

-mika

• 01-22-2011 8:41 AM In reply to

Thanks, I think I will connect them the original way and that's with the Beovox 3000 or 5000. I have 4 spare tweeters left. How can I test the tweeters beside measuring 6 ohms with a multimeter?

Beovirus? What's that?

• 01-22-2011 9:14 AM In reply to

Make them tweet! Laughing Temporarily connect in place of the tweeter in any other speaker that has a crossover inside, i.e at least a two-way. And keep the volume down.

But if they look physically all right and they measure around six ohms (not open, not considerably less) I would expect them to be fine.

-mika

• 01-25-2011 9:51 PM In reply to

Leslie:

The one who sold this pair on Ebay must be very happy. Is he lucky? I saw other 2500's sold for much less on Ebay. Maybe the were not in the same condition. I've got a set which is in super mint condition but I do not dare to put them on EbayUnsure

Not entirely happy...

The highest bidder changed his mind after winning the auction so I now have to sell them for less to the underbidder. Hate having my time wasted on ebay Super Angry

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 01-26-2011 8:04 AM In reply to

IMHO if these are in as good of shape as they look, they are every bit worth what you sold them for...

Minty Beovox 2500s are hard to come by, esp without lots of corner dings, driver damage, etc.

• 01-26-2011 6:00 PM In reply to

I think so... I decided what would be a fair price and started them at that amount.

I didn't want to risk give them away at a low price, I'd rather just keep them! They still look good unused on a shelf (but a waste IMO)

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 01-26-2011 7:50 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I will put them to use! Ship them to me Smile

I have been wanting a set of those for a while now.

Evan

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)