in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-02-2011 4:29 AM by Heribert. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-02-2011 10:22 AM

Powerlink from Sounds Heavenly

Hi

After moving 2 of my 4 powerlink cables are too short. 
    So I googled to find prices.
    And I found http://soundsheavenly.co.uk which will let me buy 4 new cables at the price of 2 B&O powerlink cables. 

Are SoundsHeavenly cabels as good as B&O's own cables?

I have a BV3 with surround module, a BL2 and 4 BL3 speakers. These are the cables I'm looking at: http://soundsheavenly.co.uk/bando-pl3.htm

J;-)

• 01-02-2011 10:24 AM In reply to

Re: Powerlink from Sounds Heavenly

Hi, 

They are excellent I have had some cables from him in the past.

You can't go wrong!

Cheers Nick

• 01-02-2011 11:38 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Sounds Heavenly cables are not as good as B&O cables..  they're much better

From memory the 'official' cables are made in Italy of all places, very much to a budget and not a standard.  I could have been misinformed though - can anyone put me straight?

Oh, and the service from Steve at Sounds Heavenly is unrivalled.  I often feel embarrassed at his high level of service and efficiency, not matter how busy he is..   One day i'll pin him down and sit on him until he tells me his secret!

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 01-02-2011 12:19 PM In reply to

Agree with Lee. Steve's service and quality is outstanding.

Regards Graham

• 01-29-2011 4:06 PM In reply to

Thanks guys, you're too kind! Embarrassed

The bottom line is that I love designing and building cables, so it has become something of an obsession. (Maybe that's why I never seem to get invited to parties any more!) Laughing

I use the quality of the original cables as a starting point, then "reverse-engineer" them to create a proper hi-fi version - usually at a much better price than the original.  I'm always developing new cables, so I'm happy to help with any questions or enquiries.

Watch this space for:-

1) iPod to Beolab 2000 cables

2) Sonance iDock to BeoVision audio/video/infra-red cables

3) many more ideas on the way - any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 01-29-2011 4:26 PM In reply to

I too can vouch for the excellent service and cable quality from Steve

• 01-29-2011 4:36 PM In reply to

Steve at Sounds Heavenly:

The bottom line is that I love designing and building cables, so it has become something of an obsession. (Maybe that's why I never seem to get invited to parties any more!) Laughing

I use the quality of the original cables as a starting point, then "reverse-engineer" them to create a proper hi-fi version - usually at a much better price than the original.  I'm always developing new cables, so I'm happy to help with any questions or enquiries.

Kind regards,

Steve.

How hard would it be to do a masterlink to ipod cable?? (the large one that charges the ipod aswell) could it work in a masterlink system like that??

• 01-29-2011 7:27 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

Steve,

You did a wonderful job on my custom cable for my amplifier. Great craftsmanship and materials. Prompt and courteous service that cannot be matched. Sounds Heavenly is definitely my first choice.

Thank you!

Evan

• 01-30-2011 5:35 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Kind regards,

Steve.

Please forgive me if I'm suggesting something you already offer, but I can't see it on your website!

How about good quality Powerlink to Phono cables for connecting the Powerlink outputs of a B&O system into the back of a pair of 3rd-party active speakers with phono inputs? I've made up my own currently, but they're not the greatest quality or particularly well shielded!

Weekly top artists:                   

• 01-30-2011 10:58 AM In reply to

Hi Alex,

These are one of my most popular cables! (http://soundsheavenly.co.uk/bando-pltoamp.htm)

They can go from a Powerlink output to either:-

1) A power amplifier and passive speakers

2) A conventional hifi or audio system

3) An active subwoofer

4) A pair of non-B&O active speakers (eg. Meridian) with RCA/phono input sockets

One cable gives stereo sound, as each Powerlink socket contains both left and right audio channels.  Hope this helps!

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 02-02-2011 4:29 AM In reply to

Steve,

This sounds very interesting but I cannot find it on your web site. Is this in development or already an existing SKU?

Thanks, Heribert

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)