in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-25-2011 5:12 PM by beolion. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2011 4:05 PM

B&O TV and DNLA

Hi

I have a BV7 connected to a Tvix that stream movies from a NAS where all my movies are stored, and I have a BV8-32 in the link room. Via the link I can access the movies to the BV8-32, but the quality is not that great.

That made me wonder, if the BV8-32 had DNLA as many other TV's out there, I would be able to play the movies directly from the NAS. Or let me show the pictures or play the music on the NAS.

But why is it that B&O does not support DNLA in any of their TV's?

Would they come with a module that can be retro-fitted?

Br.

There is something about B&O.....

Filed under:
  • 01-24-2011 6:00 AM In reply to

Re: B&O TV and DNLA

beolion:

But why is it that B&O does not support DNLA in any of their TV's?

"The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a non-profit collaborative trade organization established by Sony in June 2003."

Maybe that is why...

• 01-24-2011 7:35 AM In reply to

Your current setup is sending an analog signal to the link TV. Hence the poor picture quality.

The best option for you is to get another TVIX box and connect that to your BV8. You can control the TVIX from the PUC in your BV8.

A more solid solution than any built in DNLA support I would say, and I cannot imagine that B&O will enable upgrade to DNLA in any of their existing TV:s.

/C

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 01-25-2011 5:12 PM In reply to

Thanks for your reply, after a little consideration, I do also think it is better to have a seperate media player connected to the BV8. I have found this one, Tvix HD-N1, which is quite cheap, and it is easy to put away. Having 2 media players might sound as much, but it seems for me also as a better solution than using the Link signals.

One of my friends actually just skipped the use of DNLA in his TV (Samsung), as there were too many limitations. He bought a Popcorn instead.

Br.

There is something about B&O.....

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)