in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-22-2011 6:50 PM by david coyne. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-14-2011 7:39 PM

BEOCENTER 2 ISSUE- Load disc display.

Happy New Year Comrades

I have a beocentre 2 that has given many years of trouble free service. It is connected to a beoport and beovision 8.

Beoport is used to play NMUSIC and NRADIO and ive had at least a year of trouble free use.

Over the last week, when i turn the system on, NRADIO or NMUSIC, the beocentre 2 display says 'load disc'. It still plays NRADIO or NMUSIC, but no display, other than 'load disc'.  I can still scroll through playlists etc. If I then change function from NRADIO to NMUSIC, the correct display then appears on the Beocenter 2. The same occurs if i start with NMUSIC and switch to NRADIO.

I have not changed any software or version of itunes.

I did switch off power to beocentre 2 and beoport to see if that woudl fix the problem- it didnt. I also re loaded BM LINK, though im not sure that this is the issue.

My hunch is a problem with beocenter 2. 

I called B&O, they said, 'NO Idea', call service, which i have and will wait for them to get back to me

Any suggestions dear people?

Kind Regards

David

p.s Our thoughts are with the people of Queensland who are having a dreadful time with floods.. Hope you're ok up there Dave Pyne.

BV8-40, BC6-26, BC2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beoport, Beotalk 1200, Beocom 6000, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400

• 01-15-2011 12:43 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Re: BEOCENTER 2 ISSUE- Load disc display.

Hello my set-up twin! I haven't had the BC2 as long as you but mine has consistently behaved inconsistently, sometimes i press load disc, it clicks but nothing happens... other times it freezes, in general it works as it should but every now and then it does irregular things, i too am going to contact the service department once B&O re-opens at the end of my street (we only have one store in QLD)

Thanks for the kind words about the floods, the La Nina from Brazil has affected alot of people and the floods are still moving through the country, Northern queensland copped the majority of the water, the countries largest inland town Toowoomba was hit by a wall of water within the space of 5 minutes, and our CBD, Brisbane, was hit too, the city streets were under water, thousands of homes throughout brisbane were affected and we are now just starting to deal with the aftermath of it all, there are massive amounts of people helping in working bees helping those who were in-undated, the attitude is so humbling here, i am so proud to be an Aussie and a Queenslander, we're a nation of such decent minded and strong individuals.
    Hats off to the QLD goverment and the SES emergency services for everything they have done and are doing, really impressive stuff.

I know it's not B&O related in any way but i wanted to share this snap shot, this is what our supermarkets look like at the moment...

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-15-2011 1:38 AM In reply to

Dave:
    consistently behaved inconsistently

LOL, I wonder if "inconsistently behave consistently" is worse (or actually redundant !)

Glad to hear you and your gear are OK.  Hope you have remembered your PIN code from when they cut off your and 100,000 other people's power !

We had minor rains and floodings by comparison ... and whilst not flooded all the rain did trigger power faults at my place ... but I have as yet to rePIN my BeoSound 4 Laughing

And listening to fellow Victorians complain about their floods makes me think they sound like whinging poms in comparison to the stoic fortitude displayed by the banana benders up North

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-16-2011 2:44 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I live in Fortitude Valley as it happens - i like your wording, it is the area between New farm and Brisbane CBD, all very very close to one another, Two streets away from me (new farm), lost power, and i anticipated power loss, all my B&O gear has the same PIN and it is my number of choice, so i unplugged EVERYTHING in fear of surges, but i didn't get my power cut! New Farm and Bris CBD did, i am a living, breathing 4 leaf clover.

I am also no longer insured, and by the time news was hitting, it was too late > an EMBARGO was put in place on all new insurance, my only fear was looters, but that never ended up being a prevalent problem, so proud to be an Aussie, roll on Australia Day! Cheers fellas!! Beer

• 01-16-2011 3:47 AM In reply to

Dave:
    roll on Australia Day! Cheers fellas!! Beer

yes ! looking forward to a short week :) might even make it an extra long weekend :)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-19-2011 6:15 AM In reply to

Hmmmm glad everyone is ok...

Should i have titled this post as "Floods"?

Any ideas as to how to fix the issue with my beocentre 2 welcome!

David

BV8-40, BC6-26, BC2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beoport, Beotalk 1200, Beocom 6000, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400

• 01-19-2011 5:01 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

david coyne:

David

I'd get service onto it, personally mate. I am going to try and see if B&O will provide me with a loan unit while they are fixing mine >>>

That's fair, isn't it?

• 01-22-2011 6:50 PM In reply to

Dave:

david coyne:

David

I'd get service onto it, personally mate. I am going to try and see if B&O will provide me with a loan unit while they are fixing mine >>>

That's fair, isn't it?

Ive been waiting almost two weeks for service to even call me back!!!!! A loan unit???? Really.... I cant imagine my local B&O doing that. The B&O store that was in Dj's in the city was great. They closed down about 8 months ago and i dont have the same relationship with their other stores. Infact one of their stores id rather not go into ever!!!! Paddington is fine.

Hey Dave and Ed.. when you are ever in Sydney please let me know... lets have a champers or beer if we're feeling a little proletariat!!

Cheers

David

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)