in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-17-2011 3:28 PM by Nickyg63. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2011 2:54 PM

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • UK / France - Nth Worcestershire/Finistere
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

French dealerships

Are all French dealerships cr*p??

I have been trying to contact my 2 local outlets, Rennes and Nantes, tried both phoning and by email. Got through to Nantes , promised an email rsponse - still waitng several days later - Rennes no answer to message by answerphone - they must have enough thro' the door clientelle to make a living - hope the situation lasts for them!

I want to make an appointment to get my BS4 software updated, surely a simple task!

Comments anyone!

salut

Tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 01-15-2011 5:14 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Re: French dealerships

My experience is that French dealers are... Dealers! They don't know what a software update is or how to change a battery in a Beocom... It's just a shame to sell so expensive stuff and do nothing for after sale service. After sale in France is always c**p, I hope you don't drive a Renault or a Peugeot!Big Smile

In Germany, I have a better service, but everything is very costly : SW update=100-150€, battery exchange can go up to 100€...

• 01-15-2011 5:18 PM In reply to

Hi Tony,

the old dealer in Mulhouse used to be really good - very helpful, knew the products etc but the newest dealership is also cr*p!  They haven't a clue about anything older than a few years, aren't interested in any repairs and just seem to want to operate like a high class Dixons shop.

I'm not convinced that this situation is unique to France though judging from some other comments on the forum.  B&O RIP.  I'm sticking to the vintage stuff.

Dave.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

• 01-15-2011 6:00 PM In reply to

The one in Strasbourg is not exactly friendly either what a shame

Vince
  • 01-15-2011 7:24 PM In reply to

• ifmusicbe
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2008
    • Lomme 59160 France
    • Posts 23
    • Gold Member

Same in Lille, expensive, arrogant and thinking he is the best in town , in fact he remains the only one as the second shop has turned into a Loewe store.

My last B&O purchase ( a Beosound 3) was done in Mouscron, Belgium where I get get a good shopping experience, a  quite satisfactory service ( the last time happened 3 months ago for a problem of automatic doors on a Beosound Century)    but I 'm seriously thinking of visiting LIFESTYLE AV in Eastbourne, England  for second hand  in case my 14 -year- old MX4000 should give up the ghost!  

If music be the food of love, play on;Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting, The appetite may sicken, and so die. W. Shakespeare, Twelfth Night , 1602

• 01-15-2011 8:14 PM In reply to

As you have maybe seen in another thread, the situation is the same here in Mexico, we got 2 shops and same bad in both. I know more about B&O than anyone in those shops, they are living on another planet, only time you see them move is when you turn up with a bunch of greenbacks and buy a complete system. No answers on mails, no telephone service and no repair service.

As Dave I stay with the antics.

Soren Mexico

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 01-16-2011 1:58 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

The store in Paris is excellent on the other hand, with a professional, helpful staff.

Tony: Let me know how it goes with your BS 4 software upgrade.

Bon Chance.

• 01-16-2011 5:11 AM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

Hey ho!  --  thanks for all the comments guys, looks like roger tina et al at the Shrewsbury store will get the business on my next UK visit  --  they and their service have always been as you would expect!

Nantes was a possibility as my mother returns to the UK via Nantes airport and the city is not too far out of our return journey - the ubiquitous 2 birds with 1 stone!

The Lille outlet, is it the same operator as some 12 years ago? I visited there on a Nord / Pas de Calais sojourn with my wife and a minibus full of her students, I had interest in a BC9300/speakers etc at the time. I turned up in jeans and a teeshirt etc, he was most dismissive of me, not interested in demo'ing the kit so I left, eventually buying the equipment from Super fi(?) in Hanley Stoke on Trent - the kit is still working, looks as new, but has had a cd transplant about the time I joined the forum and subsequently discovered the notorious cap c2105(?) problem.

Re the BS4 upgrade, will keep you updated when eventually it is sorted!

Bonne dimanche

Tony

I always try to operate using/following the KISS principle --  Keep it simple stupid!

• 01-16-2011 8:53 AM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

To Slotty

Hi,

I have a very good experience with the dealer from Rennes, from the very beginning.

Technical service is really good with a skilled engineer and the follow-up of customer has always be what you deserve when buying B&O.

You have to know that the shop has been refurbished and that it was a bit difficult to reach.

I called the shop on friday afternoon (02 23 20 24 15), it was open.

If you have a technical issue, ask Dominique.

Kind regards,

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 01-16-2011 1:42 PM In reply to

• symmes
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Freedonia
    • Posts 290
    • Bronze Member

Next thing you know, people will start using BeoWorld to shill the stores they like by trashing the ones they don't, and conversely.  They will be motivated to do so by comments that say "I will be going to X store because BeoWorld says its a good one", because we all know all you have to do is google "Bang & Olufsen X" and you will get a store site and relevant BeoWorld comments.  When someone says it is the store's fault something goes wrong, who moderates the validity of the comment? And when the store defends itself, are they making it better?  

In the worst case scenario, BeoWorld could become the victim of its own success.  Do you REALLY believe everything you read on the internet?  

• 01-16-2011 4:31 PM In reply to

• stotty1111
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-16-2007
    • Posts 924
    • Gold Member

The outlet named can stand on its own merits without my recommendations, it has won the UK dealership of the year award for the last 2 possibly 3 years.

My reason for using it/them, they are my nearest to my UK location when there!

I do not wish to influence others i just report my findings!

Sorry for opening this 'can of worms' and also my comments as above!

I will however try to speak with Dominique at the Rennes dealership this next week and if I get some positive feedback would hope to use them as the family have members in the Rennes area so the 2 aspects could be covered at the same time! - thanks for the name / lead Yann

salut

tony

• 01-17-2011 3:28 PM In reply to

symmes:

Next thing you know, people will start using BeoWorld to shill the stores they like by trashing the ones they don't, and conversely.  They will be motivated to do so by comments that say "I will be going to X store because BeoWorld says its a good one", because we all know all you have to do is google "Bang & Olufsen X" and you will get a store site and relevant BeoWorld comments.  When someone says it is the store's fault something goes wrong, who moderates the validity of the comment? And when the store defends itself, are they making it better?  

In the worst case scenario, BeoWorld could become the victim of its own success.  Do you REALLY believe everything you read on the internet?  

I would like to think that people would make there own mind up! 

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)