in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-05-2011 3:17 PM by Ehlerz. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2010 3:25 PM

• kron
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Gold Member

Airport express

Hi,

I have a beovision 10 and a pair of beolab 3 connected to it. How should I go about connecting an airport express to my tv/loudspeakers? Is there an audio-in on the bv10 that could be used for the AE?

How could the new Apple TV fit in to such setup?

• 12-28-2010 7:53 PM In reply to

Re: Airport express

From back to front :)

2/ the new Apple TV aka ATV2G is a good alternative to the Airport Express with the following considerations:

• the ATV2G outputs either HDMI and/or optical audio ... so you can connected it to the BeoVision's HDMI ... or to one of its two SPDIF ports 
    • using the ATV2G will cause the video to be displayed ... and some people don't like seeing the screen while listening to music, so you can either "mute" the picture (soft key [P.MUTE] on the Beo4) or slide show a folder with a single image of blackness
    • the ATV2G can receive Airplay of both music (in which case the slide show can be set to be activated) or video (including music videos)
    • the ATV2G can be controller via an IR cable attached to any of the four PUCs
    • what the ATV2G does *NOT* do is act as a wireless relay or wireless extender
    1/ the Airport Express has the following considerations:
    • its wireless extender function can be useful if you have a large home with the internet wireless connection at one end, and the AV set-up in the middle of the home ... in that situation the AE can help you reach the far side of the house
    • it also has the ability to attach a printer ... should you want one next to your TV Laughing
    • it can ONLY receive audio
    • its output is either optical or analogue, so you can attach it to the two SPDIFs or to the AV3 port or to the CAMERA port but I am not sure it would activate without a companion video signal 

Either option "costs" you an AV port (or the CAMERA position for the AE) unless you look to get the HDMI extender that the Beovision 10 supports.

Note that I do not have a BV10 nor do I have practical experience with one - all of the above on BV10 options I got from my reading of the BV10 manual which is the best B&O manual I have ever seen!

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 02-05-2011 3:17 PM In reply to

Re: Airport express

Hi Kron

It is not optimal to use Airport Express in a system without audioproduct. However, it is possible.

Simply connect a Phono, on a phono to minijack cable to one of the AV connections, and the other end to the airportexpress. 

This works, however, your screen is on and you have to press picture mute for it to turn off.

/ehlerz 

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)