in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-09-2011 2:00 PM by koert2. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-08-2011 4:19 PM

• koert2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-08-2011
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Beomaster 5 does not re-act to remote

Hi,

I have the following setup. Beomaster 5 connect to Beovision 7 (in main room) via HDMI, both connected to ML. No Beosound 5 (yet). Also a Beosound 9000 connected via ML.  With Beo4 remote control I can start N.music/N.radio in either main room or link room. If I start N.MUSIC in link room and click on PC in main room I can see the Beomaster main screen on the beovision. However none of the remote control commands work, menu for example brings up the Menu for the beovision. There is also a red button in right lower corner of the screen.

Do I have to configure something on the beomaster/beovision so my remote control commands are accepted?

It is driving me nuts, any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Koert

Filed under:
  • 01-08-2011 9:53 PM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 5 does not re-act to remote

I am not an expert nor an experienced user in this area, but hopefully my questions will bump this for you.

Link Room

Are you saying that you star N.MUSIC in the link room ? 

Is this an audio only link room, or does it have a BV ?

Main Room

After you started N.MUSIC in the link room what do you find playing in the main room ? nothing ? something: N.MUSIC ?

Then you press [PC] right ?

And you can see the BM5 video signal ... do you also get the N.MUSIC audio ?

What has happened in the link room ? is it still getting its N.MUSIC ?

Other "Symptoms"

Does anything happen to the BS 9000 when you press [MENU] for the first time ?

Does the BV menu come up with the immediate pressing of [MENU] ?

Thoughts .....

On my BV8, the [MENU] key behaves differently depending upon the source I am "talking" to.

In [PC] mode it depends very much on the application behind the screen.

Sometimes I have to press double [MENU] to get the menu for the BV8.

So I suspect your first [MENU] command is not being passed through to the [PC] interface.

I suspect this is going to come down to tricky options settings, to get the [MENU] command to be sent over the MasterLink.

Better contacts :)

Philippe probably does not regularly monitor this forum, however I suspect you need his level of integration expertise ... might be worth PMing him

Philippe's Profile Page

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-09-2011 12:08 AM In reply to

• koert2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-08-2011
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

elephant:

I am not an expert nor an experienced user in this area, but hopefully my questions will bump this for you.

Link Room

Are you saying that you star N.MUSIC in the link room ? 

Is this an audio only link room, or does it have a BV ?

-> Link room is Audio room only and yes I start N.Music in the link room.

Main Room

After you started N.MUSIC in the link room what do you find playing in the main room ? nothing ? something: N.MUSIC ?

Then you press [PC] right ? Yes, in the main room and I get the N.MUSIC audio

And you can see the BM5 video signal ... do you also get the N.MUSIC audio ?

What has happened in the link room ? is it still getting its N.MUSIC ?

Yes, I get the N.MUSIC audio and the link room has N.MUSIC AUDIO as well.

Other "Symptoms"

Does anything happen to the BS 9000 when you press [MENU] for the first time ?

Does the BV menu come up with the immediate pressing of [MENU] ?

Yes, the BV immediately comes up so the TV does not pass the Menu command to the BM.

Thoughts .....

On my BV8, the [MENU] key behaves differently depending upon the source I am "talking" to.

In [PC] mode it depends very much on the application behind the screen.

Sometimes I have to press double [MENU] to get the menu for the BV8.

So I suspect your first [MENU] command is not being passed through to the [PC] interface.

I suspect this is going to come down to tricky options settings, to get the [MENU] command to be sent over the MasterLink.

I also found thid thread : http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/29796/236276.aspx#236276 and disconnected the main etc, reset the V.OPT to 2 for the TV but still the same sypmtoms....

Better contacts :)

Philippe probably does not regularly monitor this forum, however I suspect you need his level of integration expertise ... might be worth PMing him

Philippe's Profile Page

• 01-09-2011 2:26 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

koert2:

Hi,

I have the following setup. Beomaster 5 connect to Beovision 7 (in main room) via HDMI, both connected to ML. No Beosound 5 (yet). Also a Beosound 9000 connected via ML.  With Beo4 remote control I can start N.music/N.radio in either main room or link room. If I start N.MUSIC in link room and click on PC in main room I can see the Beomaster main screen on the beovision. However none of the remote control commands work, menu for example brings up the Menu for the beovision. There is also a red button in right lower corner of the screen.

Do I have to configure something on the beomaster/beovision so my remote control commands are accepted?

It is driving me nuts, any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Koert

If I understand correctly, your BM5 reacts to audio commands but not to video  (PC) command. So your ML connections seems to work...

Configure the AV port that is assigned as PC to BM5 in BV7s connections menu. Now you should be able to activate yur BM5 pressing PC.

The red button is the standby button of the BM5 - should disappear when pressing PC.

Stefan

• 01-09-2011 4:38 AM In reply to

koert2:

There is also a red button in right lower corner of the screen.

Hi

I don't have a BS5 either, yet, and I had the same problem after the upgrade with my BM5.

I manually turned BM5 completely off (hold the switch in the back left side in for a few seconds), and then turned it on again (same switch).

It works now, and it seems to be more stable than before.

Br.

There is something about B&O.....

• 01-09-2011 2:00 PM In reply to

• koert2
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-08-2011
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Thanks a lot Stefan and other.s. I configured the connection in the BV7 menu to B&O Beomedia (there was no BM option) and now it all works.

Regards,

Koert

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)