in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-24-2011 2:24 AM by Niederrheiner. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-11-2011 2:51 PM

Can Multiple BeoPlayers access one BeoMedia?

Can multiple computers with BeoPlayer installed access the same BeoMedia1?

Was trying to setup a second notebook with BeoPlayer thus no matter what computer I am using I can access my music on the BeoMedia 1.  Yet even though I can see the BeoMedia in the Network, it either isn't accepting the password when requested or it just isn't seeing the BM1.  ANyone have similar issue?

I reset the password on the BM1 already to make sure I knew what it was, but still no lucking getting the 2nd notebook to connect.

Regards,

Hiller

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

• 03-12-2011 9:20 AM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

Re: Can Multiple BeoPlayers access one BeoMedia?

As it's a Windows share it shouldn't be any issue; while the setup might be that you're only able to use the single account from one computer at a time. You might consider adding a shared folder which you grant public access within your home network.

• 03-16-2011 2:45 AM In reply to

Hello Conjureone,

Yes, multiple Player can work access on one BM1.

Start the Service Menu (Desktop) of your BM1, start the Windows

Explorer, Search for the bm-Share directory, right click for properties,

In the Tab for Share and Security the Number of parallel Users is set to "1".

Change this to Number of parallel Users you want.

Restart & Be happy

Cheers,

Niederrheiner

• 03-22-2011 12:24 AM In reply to

Bingo!  Thankyou for the info and walk through Niederrheiner. Would have never thought that a parameter regarding number of parallel users was the culprit. Let alone where to start looking for it!  Always assumed if the drive was shared to the network then the network should be able to see it.

Greatly appreciate it!  Works like a charm now from both systems....

Hiller

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

• 03-24-2011 2:24 AM In reply to

Hello Hiller,

Great to hear, you get it..... ;-)

Have Fun

Cheers,

Niederrheiner
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)