in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-28-2010 5:22 PM by elephant. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-28-2010 7:25 AM

• knrj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-28-2010
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Apple and B&O without input selection fiddling and distractions

Ok, if anybody is going to be able to answer my questions it will surely be the members of this forum.

Imagine a scenario with the following components:

* B&O TV (Not decided which one yet)

* B&O Speakers connected to the B&O TV

* Apple TV (Black)

* Apple Airport Express (with AirPlay)

Scenario 1:

I get home and the TV is turned off. I take out my iPhone and want to play some music in my living room. I don't want to first select the right input or have the TV turn on to distract me with any pictures. I just want the music to start playing in my house. the source could be a iTunes libary, the music stored locally on my iPhone etc. 

I quess the question is: Can the B&O setup listen for any input coming from the Apple TV or the Airport Express with out me having to interact with the B&O system? Can the music play without the TV being turned on (The picture is a distraction and it seams stupid to have the screen on if all i want is to listen to music)

Scenario 2:

I wake up in the morning to my iPhone alarm clock app set to stream music to my Apple TV or Airport Express using AirPlay. Same question actually... Will the B&O accept the sound input without me having to fiddle with the B&O remote to turn on the TV and select the right input on the TV?

Commentary:

It's nice and all that the Apple TV can show a beutiful interface on the TV, but most the time I just find it distracting.... also the ability to just start playing music without have to use anything remote or fiddle with input selection is the instrumental feature that would make me buy a B&O TV where the surround parts are all nicely integrated (less stuff in the living room). Of cause all this can be accompliseh in my other rooms using BeoSound 8's with Airport Expresses connected and always turned on... but having a BeoSound in the living room kinda defeats the purpose of those expensive and better sounding speakers connected to the TV....

I hope you can help me figure this one out? 

• 12-28-2010 7:29 AM In reply to

Re: Apple and B&O without input selection fiddling and distractions

ANSWER: MLGW

Answer to Q. 2 - Beotime

• 12-28-2010 7:35 AM In reply to

• knrj
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-28-2010
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Thanks you for your quick response.... would you care to elaborate a bit on your suggestions?

• 12-28-2010 5:22 PM In reply to

by MLGW he meant "master link gateway" which some of us think is an expensive option.

The constraint you have placed in your scenarios is not being able to pick up the Beo4 (or 5 or 6) to activate the Beovision.

Activating the Beovision does not have to be in VIDEO mode; there are ways to activate it in AUDIO mode only.

Others have go to the extreme of creating a pure black photo that is displayed in slide show mode to remove the visual distraction.  But there is the Picture Mute function you can add to your Beo4's [LIST].

I have a BeoPort between my iTunes source and my Beovision and link room speakers: it costs much less than a MLGW, and it enables me to activate AUDIO by pressing "N.MUSIC" on the Beo4 and then use my iPad to select and control my music

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)