in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-10-2011 10:22 AM by poppydog. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2011 5:05 AM

Which is best

Decisions decisions, I have a Beovision 7-32 mk1 which I have had from new. I would now like to wall mount (new puppy) which is fine but am thinking of getting a bigger screen. Budget dictates this and I can just get a Beovision 7-40 mk 1 which I understand is the same as the 7-32 just bigger, a Beovision 5 non HD or a Beovision 4 non HD.

I watch a reasonable amount of sport, help!

Should I stay with my 7-32 or can I get better?     

• 01-10-2011 5:14 AM In reply to

Re: Which is best

I don't know about your options when it comes to picture quality but if were you i'd just stick with your current tv just because of the look of BV7. :) If you can get a reasonable refund from your old tv then maybe you could invest in the 8 extra inches...?

BV4 and BV5 are also plasma screens which have developed but still take more power than LCD or LED screens if you want to think ecologically.

-Olli

• 01-10-2011 5:18 AM In reply to

Thanks Olli yeah the deal on the face of it looks OK. Some have said the Beovision 5 is a great set

• 01-10-2011 5:58 AM In reply to

• Emil
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 98
    • Bronze Member

I have both a Mk1 BV5 and a Mk1 7-32 and must say that I find the picture quality of the BV5 much better, especially the colours. Yes, it has less pixels and is not hd-ready but I still find it better. Have no experience of the Mk1 BV 7-40 but from what I have read at this forum the pq cannot be reagrded as good before you step up to the MK3:s, which are in a completely different price position.

Draw-backs of the BV5 would of course be that is has no inbuilt dvd as the BV7 and further no pc connection (if you for instance would like to connect a Beomaster 5 or a Mac Mini). Especially the lack of inbuilt dvd can be a problem since it is not always very easy to have them arranged in a good way if you do not want the dvd on floor behind or in side of the BV5 (I have never found the optional floor cabinet of the BV5 very attractive). I have solved this by hiding the dvd and the STB in a closet hanging on the other side of the wall and drilled a hole through the wall for all cables. 

Inflagrante

• 01-10-2011 6:09 AM In reply to

Thanks Emil

• 01-10-2011 8:36 AM In reply to

Picture quality of the BV5 is very good and gets better the later model you get. I am very happy with my older one. The early LCD sets are not so good though the modern ones are far better. The only thing I would add is that you better have a good strong wall if you are mounting the BV5 on it! Big Smile

• 01-10-2011 10:22 AM In reply to

Thanks. It appears to be the general opinion. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)