in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-22-2010 1:29 PM by Stan. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-21-2010 4:51 PM

• Alias
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-23-2008
    • Posts 90
    • Bronze Member

Beolink Wireless as ML

Hi

I have a Beovision 7 and Beosound 5. I also got 2 Beolink Wireless. 

Now my question is: Is it possible to use the Beolink Wireless as Wireless ML? The problem is I don't want to have a cable from BV7 to BS5. Then I thought I can use the Beolink Wireless as a "Wireless ML". I connected my Beolink Wireless to my BV7 as transmitter and the BS5 as receiver.

Is that possible? Does it work like a wired ML?

• 12-22-2010 1:29 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Beolink Wireless as ML

As long as you have the software upgrade from a couple years ago, it is my understanding that the wireless will support "Wireless ML" (although, you cannot connect speakers to the Wireless RX in this mode).  However, I do not know if this allows for bi-directional audio (I think not since it was really designed for link room applications where the audio only goes one way, and one wireless is designated the transmitter, and the other the receiver - again, implying one-way audio) - that is, if you setup the BV7 connected to the Wireless TX, then you can listen to your TV through your BS5, but not the BS5 through your BV7.

Also, here's a very helpful link that lists the compatibility between the wireless and various products.  I do not see the BS5 listed - it probably came after this list was generated so I guess we really do not know for sure.

http://forum.beoworld.org/blogs/coolskin/archive/2008/02/24/Beolink-Wireless-2-compatibility-list.aspx

Am I to understand that you will not be connecting the video output of the BM5 to the BV7?  This will require a cable.

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)