in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-20-2010 7:04 PM by Seanie_230. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-20-2010 9:47 AM

Sky HD and Magic Eye

Hi all,

Until last week i had a Beovision Avant (in the lounge) and beovision 3 (in the bedroom). I have replaced the lounge avant with Panasonic panel (3D with internet tv etc etc). These and my beaosound 9000 were connected by masterlink

I now have a tvlink.co.uk magic eye for my Sky HD transmission to my bedroom Beovision 3 however, I am unsure of the connections of this as it is not working. I have changed the settings on the sky box as required... not sure which input to use or even which remote? the Sky one or the B&O (i still have the IR cable that was used for using my B&O remote on my avant 

any advice is really appreciated...

thanks in advance

• 12-20-2010 9:57 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: Sky HD and Magic Eye

When your Sky box was connected to the Avant, you were using the Set Top Box controller (STBc) within the Avant to control the Sky box via the infra red emitter. Now that you have removed the Avant, controlling the Sky box with the Beo4 isn't possible.

Are you planning to leave the Sky+HD box connected to the new Panasonic screen? If so have you considered a multi room installation and installing the old Sky box directly to the BeoVision3 in the bedroom? You could then make use of the STBc within the BeoVision3 and could control that locally with your Beo4 remote control.

Opman

• 12-20-2010 10:16 AM In reply to

Hello and Thanks Opman,

Yes I have connected my Sky box to the panasonic screen

I was not thinking of the multiroom installation, as there are only 3 of us and my daughter is only 4.. hence we have never needed to watch different channels at the same time, as this is the main advantage of multiroom

Thanks

• 12-20-2010 7:04 PM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

Lintrocic -238 could convert the commands from beo4 to sky hd

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)