in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-11-2010 6:06 AM by elephant. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-10-2010 1:10 PM

Beosound 2 and new imac

I've just bought an imac after many frustrating years with a PC and it is fantastic, but I note in the B&O website that software for the Beosound 2 on a mac is no longer available so how do I download music onto the Beosound 2?  Preferably via itunes

• 10-10-2010 2:21 PM In reply to

Re: Beosound 2 and new imac

I had this problem when I got my MacBook Pro a while ago. I already had the BS2 plugin for iTunes, but had to go on the Apple site to download an ancient version (8.something) that was still compatible with the plugin from B&O. Otherwise, you'll have to drag and drop files from your iTunes library into a relevant folder on your BS2. This is a bit lame though, as it treats all songs as one massive playlist, and you lose the album skip functionality (which is why I'm still using the old iTunes!).

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 10-11-2010 6:06 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 2 and new imac

j0hnbarker:
    Otherwise, you'll have to drag and drop files from your iTunes library into a relevant folder on your BS2. This is a bit lame though, as it treats all songs as one massive playlist, and you lose the album skip functionality (which is why I'm still using the old iTunes!).

There is nothing to stop you from creating multiple folders at the highest/root level.

Call them F1, F2, ... or FolderA, FolderB, ... or John Denver, The Eagles, ... whatever.

Then drop the assorted songs where you want them.

The BS2 should then calculate and construct the playlists for you.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)