in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-12-2010 10:01 AM by Ferdinand. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2010 4:21 PM

MX6000 tuning problem

Hi

I have a MX6000 which i can't tune. I've read on the Skandinavian forum that this related to the having the correct remote to it. I have a beo4 remote, however the menu-options (only 'program list' & 'set up') indicate that this tv was previously controlled by a beolink1000

Der findes 2 menustrukturer i MX 6000(den er produceret over an lang årrække), en til beolink 1000 og en til beo4

Derudover kan forvirringen blive komplet hvis du benytter en forkert remote til modsatte software i TV :)

Nå men hvis du benytter beo4(og din tv software er til det) trykker du menu, setup, tuning, og husker at store efter du har fundet det aktuelle program. Benytter du i stedet beolink1000(og din tv soft er til den), er det blot at trykke 'go-to' mens du står på tv mode, hvorefter du igen får en setup menu, hvor du kan søge. Husk osse her at trykke store, picture efter du har fundet det aktuelle program!!

Q: how can I tell the tv that it needs to switch to beo4 software so that I can tune? Do I need to change remote?

Thanks

Ferdinand

BS9000, Beolab 3000, Beocenter 7002, RL60.2, beo4, BV10

• 11-10-2010 5:31 PM In reply to

Re: MX6000 tuning problem

Hi, A: you can't and have to live with it as it is.

Although these MX's look the same htey come with a variety of software versions but eventually can be controlled with either remote.

If it is a link 1000 version (easy to find out to borrow a LINK 1000, than the GOTO command should immediately show a tune on screen) than add Vsetup to the beo4. (that is: i think this should eventually add the GOTO function to your beo4 list).

If it is not a link 1000 version i think you also have to add vsetup to the beo4, unless navigating through the setup (in menu) also gives you the option to tune.

As said, they come in several versions: link 1000, IMP (which looks like it needs a link 1000 but was sold with beo4) and later  (with better menu structure for beo4) but with some fiddling and especially adding features to the beo4 you should get there :).

• 11-11-2010 11:45 AM In reply to

Thanks, so if i understand correct it's best to try with beolink 1000 and thereafter to add Vsetup to the beo4?

Any idea how?

Thanks

• 11-11-2010 12:13 PM In reply to

I found this in the BEO4 user manual (cut & pasted). Download the BEO4 userguide from B&O and it should tell you how to change the user VIDEO OPTION.

Hopefully that may help.

Stoobie

Other options than
    those listed here may
    appear in the display
    when you select
    VIDEO? or AUDIO?.
    These other options are
    listed below. Refer to
    the Beo4 lexicon on
    our web-side for
    further information.
    In order to use teletext
    on a television you have
    set to Option 4, you
    must set up Beo4 to
    ‘VIDEO 3’, but this
    limits the Beo4
    functions that can be
    used with televisions
    set to other Options.
    For further information,
    refer to the Guide for
    the television.

VIDEO1: BeoVision 9, BeoVision 5,
    BeoVision 4, BeoSystem 1, BeoVision 3 – 32-
    inch screen, BeoVision Avant,
    BeoCenter AV5, BeoCenter AV 9000,
    Earlier BeoVision MX models

VIDEO2: BeoVision 6, BeoVision 3 – 28-inch
    screen, BeoVision 1, BeoVision 1 Link,
    BeoCenter 1, BeoVision MX4200/8000
    VIDEO3: Video products for the
    American Taiwanese markets
    VIDEO4: BeoVision 8, BeoSystem 3
    AUDIO1: Audio systems other than
    BeoSound 9000
    AUDIO2: BeoSound 9000

• 11-12-2010 10:01 AM In reply to

Thanks I managed to get into a TUNE menu via the LIST and V.SETUP options on the BEO4

and this is what i did ... when the channel is selected  press GO for fine tune and press GO for naming the channel via the up and down buttons on the remote. When you want to store the setting, click on LIST again untill STORE is seen in BEO4 display. Therafter press GO and select channel # to which you want to have these settings apply, eg. 1

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)