in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-06-2007 9:22 AM by Dave. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-05-2007 8:48 AM

Looking for silver lining

Hi All,

Unfortunatly, like many other unfortunates, I have been flooded and all my gear has gone up the swanny!

I am trying to look for the silver lining in the fact that the equipment has to be replaced (fortunatly I am insured).

I will be looking @ plasma ie beovision 4 Big Smile. I have been trying to catch up on the site, things have changed, and see that there is an upgrade to 1080p in the not too distant future, is this expected soon or is it Beotime?

This leads me to the next query, does , or will, in the near future, the Beocentre 2 output 1080p?

Many Thanks

Simon 

• 07-05-2007 8:58 AM In reply to

Re: Looking for silver lining

I am not aware of any changes regarding the Beocenter 2. I don't think the new DVD will output in 1080, but the Beovision 4 comes with the BeoSystem 3 which is known for its very good upscaling.

p.

• 07-05-2007 9:05 AM In reply to

Thanks for that.

I have just been reading the post "Beosystem3 does it upscale?", and I understand a little more!?!

Just leaves the display, is an upgrade to 1080p due?

• 07-05-2007 9:22 AM In reply to

Bad luck. I hope things get sorted quickly. The BV9 will now be 1080p on all new orders. I would imagine that the BV4-50 will catch up any time. As there is no increase in price, settling for the older version would seem strange without a discount.
  • 07-05-2007 10:08 AM In reply to

Thanks Peter,

I have quite a few months to plan, dream, my ideal system. With all the plaster off the walls I am wanting to plan ahead and get all the necessary leads in the right places for expansion ie projector (dream), beolab 9 (dream) etc etc

Thanks again

• 07-05-2007 12:52 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Very sorry to hear about your B&O getting damaged. Hope it all works out well for you in the end.

CraigBig Smile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 07-05-2007 12:58 PM In reply to

Have you got a working system at present?
  • 07-05-2007 2:07 PM In reply to

• BenSA
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Durban, South Africa
    • Posts 808
    • Gold Member

Thats is terrible. I would die if any of my B&O got damaged! Which B&O's did you have if you don't mind me asking!

Durban South Africa

• 07-06-2007 3:45 AM In reply to

Thanks for your Sympathys

Francoisvl, Beovision 3, dvd 1, V8000, Beovision 6 26, all in the skipSad

Peter, We have a beocenter 23 in the bedroom and a 17" samsung in the caravan!!! 

• 07-06-2007 7:04 AM In reply to

I'd only die if I wasn't insured (have been with Hiscox for a while thanks to Peter's recommendation)

Really sorry to hear the news though, must be awful

• 07-06-2007 7:10 AM In reply to

marzyfloyd:

Peter, We have a beocenter 23 in the bedroom and a 17" samsung in the caravan!!! 

I do have a 28" Panasonic widescreen set you can have if you would like to cover you before you buy new. I was going to offer a music system as well but you seem to have that side covered.

• 07-06-2007 9:22 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Peter:
    marzyfloyd:

I do have a 28" Panasonic widescreen set you can have if you would like to cover you before you buy new. I was going to offer a music system as well but you seem to have that side covered.

Wow! Are you a Taurus by any chance, Peter??

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)