in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-27-2010 12:48 AM by Cleviebaby. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (23 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2010 3:42 AM

• Lex Lance
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-05-2010
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 74
    • Bronze Member

Best furniture for B&O machines..

Hi guys,

Thought I would start a thread to see everyones favourite pieces of furniture to house or display Bang & Olufsen Gear and for that matter to surround it as well. You may already own it or want to own it.

I will start…

Mine would be a Danish Arne Vodder sideboard. Brilliant for long machines such as the Beosystem 4500...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Image courtesy of http://www.deconet.com/product.images.action?id=140984&imageId=2

• 05-23-2010 5:11 AM In reply to

• Kristian
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-14-2010
    • Danmark, Odense
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

Re: Best furniture for B&O machines..

My favorite HiFi Furniture is the B&O F-1000:B&O F-1000

• 05-23-2010 5:43 AM In reply to

We bought the sideboard in shot about three years ago from a dealer who sold lots of mid-century modern stuff. We had it repolished as the original lacquer had faded to a nice shade of nicotine....

Bonus was it had a few of those Danish furniture stickers on the back, like you get on older Beovoxes etc. Quite nice that it has a monster 80s Danish hi-fi sat on it!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 05-23-2010 6:04 AM In reply to

I really like the products made by MDF Italia. You can either place a BS 3200, BS5, BS9000 or/and a BV10 for example.

1. Highboard :

LCD / Plasma Panel :

Elevenfive, wall panel system :

All designed by B. Fattorini

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 05-23-2010 6:14 AM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Kristian:

My favorite HiFi Furniture is the B&O F-1000:B&O F-1000

Have to agree, the F1000 is stunning. Have a Beocenter 9300 on mine at the moment. In the past I have had by BV3-32 on it, but it meant it had to be too far away from the wall for my liking.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 05-31-2010 3:13 PM In reply to

In terms of design credibility and suitability for virtually any period of B&O kit there is really only one contender - Dieter Rams's 606 shelving system.  In continuous production for 50 years or so, it is absolutely timeless.  

The company manufacturing it represents much that B&O used to represent - long production runs, exceptional build quality, sustainability (repairable) and has phenomenal customer loyalty. 

Needless to sat it is expensive, but you simply don't throw it away; you add to it and take it with you when you move. 

As someone once said, "I'm not rich enough to buy cheap'.  Bit like B&O really.

Have a look at this page on their site as an example.

http://www.vitsoe.com/en/gb/gallery/at-home/hifi-storage/5/1

Cleve

• 06-01-2010 7:19 AM In reply to

Hi,

I have been to Vitsoe website, the design of their products is interesting.

Yes, you have to pay extra bucks to get the quality and a product that will last for a long time.

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 06-01-2010 3:25 PM In reply to

Cleviebaby:

In terms of design credibility and suitability for virtually any period of B&O kit there is really only one contender - Dieter Rams's 606 shelving system.  In continuous production for 50 years or so, it is absolutely timeless.  

The company manufacturing it represents much that B&O used to represent - long production runs, exceptional build quality, sustainability (repairable) and has phenomenal customer loyalty. 

Needless to sat it is expensive, but you simply don't throw it away; you add to it and take it with you when you move. 

As someone once said, "I'm not rich enough to buy cheap'.  Bit like B&O really.

Have a look at this page on their site as an example.

http://www.vitsoe.com/en/gb/gallery/at-home/hifi-storage/5/1

Cleve

I'm looking at Vitsoe for my son's bedroom, the people at the shop in London are so nice and patient.  I've convinced SWMBO so they must be doing something right.  Classic design never goes out of fashion and yes its beautifully designed and manufactured and I doubt you'll ever have to worry about it going out of production.

• 08-20-2010 7:30 AM In reply to

• Lex Lance
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-05-2010
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 74
    • Bronze Member

The Vitsoe stuff is just beautiful. Missed out on a vintage vitsoe 601 chair that ended up going for around $2000 a couple of months ago. My next thing will be the Dieter Rams Braun music players and speakers.

• 08-20-2010 11:04 AM In reply to

Still love my Attyca, especially with a white 5500 stack on it.

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 08-20-2010 11:38 AM In reply to

As a poor Danish student, I have to say that some Ikea furniture works well for B&O

I currently use a discontinued model of the long running series of "lack" stereo/tv tables. Two tables together makes exactly the same amount of space that my Beomaster 8000 and Beogram 8002 takes, and I has space underneath for my 5500 components. Um, just needing a shelf above the tables for my Beogram 4002 and forthcoming Beocord 9000 Stick out tongue

If it has to be good: B&O Attyca FTW

-Søren

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 08-20-2010 11:59 AM In reply to

• fraberg
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-26-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 40
    • Gold Member

Any ide for storage of CD ,i have more than 1000 ,i like to se the front of the cover so i easy can flip trough my collection .

• 08-20-2010 3:28 PM In reply to

Paradise [ip] Re: Best furniture for B&O machines..

Lex Lance:
    My next thing will be the Dieter Rams Braun music players and speakers.

Now you're talking. 

Braun made, under licence, a Dieter Rams designed version of the Quad ESL57 Electrostatic Loudspeaker.  A fabulous design for a wonderful loudspeaker that still sounds exceptional today, over half a century after it came into production.  And then there's the TS/TG series from the 60s and the Studio 2 series from the late fifties and of course, the iconic SK4 or 'Snow White's Coffin'.  

I have a long standing admiration for Braun and the work of Dieter Rams, who has had an enormous influence on modern consumer product industrial design - just listen to Jonathan Ive of Apple talk about Rams' influence on him and look at the current Apple products.

Oh dear, I'm off to change my Avatar!

Cleve 

• 08-21-2010 4:48 AM In reply to

• mason
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-08-2008
    • Posts 53
    • Bronze Member

This might be of interest to anyone who likes Dieter Rams

http://www.bibliothequedesign.com/projects/exhibition-and-environment/design-museum-dieter-rams/

http://www.bibliothequedesign.com/projects/communications/dieter-rams-ten-principles/

• 08-21-2010 5:01 AM In reply to

• Lex Lance
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-05-2010
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 74
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for that..brilliant stuff.

Part of my Dieter Rams & Jacob Jensen collection....Although the Fan was in fact designed by Reinhold Weiss, under the guidance of Rams.

• 08-21-2010 9:37 AM In reply to

I've got my white BM 2000 (1970's) mounted on a white Ikea 'Lack' shelf with invisible supports. Unfortunately the standard shelf isn't strong enough to take the weight of a Christmas card, so in my case one end is butted-up against a side wall where an extra support for the front edge of the shelf has been concealed.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 08-22-2010 3:20 AM In reply to

Large48:

Still love my Attyca, especially with a white 5500 stack on it.

I have one too, a gift from my friend Anders. I have no place for it right now but I will move to a bigger apartment in the near future. Or at least I hope so. Can't wait to see my Beosystem 7000 on it!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 08-22-2010 3:20 AM In reply to

Lex Lance:

Thanks for that..brilliant stuff.

Part of my Dieter Rams & Jacob Jensen collection....Although the Fan was in fact designed by Reinhold Weiss, under the guidance of Rams.

Love the HL 70 - trying to find a white, boxed one on ebay, but they are rare.

Cleve

• 08-23-2010 4:31 AM In reply to

This table from Naos holds the Beo4 for the living room.  And my beer.

This holds my Beoport. And some other stuff.

And this holds my BeoLink Active.  And some other stuff.

• 08-25-2010 9:17 PM In reply to

• Nick
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2010
    • West Sussex
    • Posts 16
    • Silver Member

My HIFI was sat inside a Florence Knoll credenza, but now sits upon it's own rack. Talking of Dieter Rams/Braun, here is a recent project to bring this little radio back from the dead..

• 08-26-2010 1:51 AM In reply to

Nick:

My HIFI was sat inside a Florence Knoll credenza, but now sits upon it's own rack. Talking of Dieter Rams/Braun, here is a recent project to bring this little radio back from the dead..

That looks lovely, Nick.  Is that the back of an Eames' DCM in the foreground?

Cleve

• 08-26-2010 7:09 PM In reply to

• Nick
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-20-2010
    • West Sussex
    • Posts 16
    • Silver Member

Good spot, it is Cleve. I actually sell Modern Design for a living, but am a big collector of Vintage Eames, George Nelson and Florence Knoll furniture (as well as Richard Schultz, Warren Platner etc!!). Do you have any Eames?

• 08-27-2010 12:48 AM In reply to

Nick:

Good spot, it is Cleve. I actually sell Modern Design for a living, but am a big collector of Vintage Eames, George Nelson and Florence Knoll furniture (as well as Richard Schultz, Warren Platner etc!!). Do you have any Eames?

Sadly, no.  Original Herman Miller lounge chairs and ottomans in Rosewood seem to fetch significant sums at auction.  I'm not convinced by the quality of the copies that seem to everywhere these days.

Cleve 

Page 1 of 1 (23 items)