in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-22-2010 2:21 AM by Keith Saunders. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-11-2010 12:51 PM

• kai
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-16-2008
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Beo 5 Config Tool wont Regonise Beo5

Hi

I have programmed beo5 via config tool however when I try to Finalize the download button is greyed out, I notice in the top of the programme something is in red, I know that the Beo5 is not being regonised, i have gone into devices in win7 and right clicked but it seems to be that the usb driver has not installed, I downloaded the config tool from one of the posts on the site ver 3.23, running windows 7, hope somebody can help

• 08-11-2010 3:06 PM In reply to

Re: Beo 5 Config Tool wont Regonise Beo5

If you have installed the Configuration Tool on a Windows 7 PC you will need to manually install the Beo5 driver. You will need to browse for Beo5Usb.inf in the Beo5Driver directory.

Regards Keith....

• 08-11-2010 7:23 PM In reply to

• kai
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-16-2008
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Hi Keith

The only file i see is Beo5 usb and i cant open it i'am doing something wrong??

• 08-12-2010 3:09 AM In reply to

There is no reason for you to actually open the file, that will not help you.

When the system or you manually load any driver onto a Windows system it looks for a file with an .INF extension which in the case of the Beo5 is called Beo5usb.inf located in C:\Bang & Olufsen\Beo5 Configuration Tool\Beo5Driver

First, make sure your Beo5 is fully charged. When you plug it into the PC USB port Windows 7 should say it has found "Found New Hardware".

If, for some reason it does not say that it has "Found New Hardware" and you are sure that you have the Beo5 correctly connected via to your PC via the USB cable AND your USB controller is NOT made by SIS then go into the Windows Control Panel and do a search for new hardware.

When Windows comes up with the driver installation wizard manually tell Windows where to find the driver information file at the location above. This file tells Windows how to install the driver and what actual driver file to use.

For your information ONLY as you don't actually need this information to load a driver, below is a listing of the .INF file for the Beo5 which Windows uses to install the driver:-

; Copyright (c) 2006-2007 Bang & Olufsen

[Version]
    Signature="$CHICAGO$"
    Class=RemoteControl
    ClassGUID={A744359E-6A32-427e-B729-B46B7FC12C27}
    Provider=%BangOlufsen%
    DriverVer=12/11/2007,1.1.12.0
    CatalogFile = Beo5Usb.cat

; =============================================================================

[SourceDisksNames]
    1=%InstallDiskString%,,,

[SourceDisksFiles.x86]
    Beo5Usb.sys = 1,x86

;[SourceDisksFiles.ia64]
    ;Beo5Usb.sys = 1,ia64

[SourceDisksFiles.amd64]
    Beo5Usb.sys = 1,amd64

[ClassInstall32]
    AddReg=Beo5ClassReg

[Beo5ClassReg]
    HKR,,,,%ClassName%

[Manufacturer]
    ;%BangOlufsen%=BangOlufsenModels,NTx86,NTia64,NTamd64
    %BangOlufsen%=BangOlufsenModels,NTx86,NTamd64

[BangOlufsenModels]
    Beo5=Beo5Device, USB\VID_0CD4&PID_6124

[BangOlufsenModels.NTx86]

;[BangOlufsenModels.NTia64]
    ;Beo5=Beo5Device, USB\VID_0CD4&PID_6124

[BangOlufsenModels.NTamd64]

[Beo5Device]
    CopyFiles=@Beo5Usb.sys
    AddReg=Beo5DeviceAddReg

[DestinationDirs]
    DefaultDestDir = 10,System32\Drivers

[Beo5DeviceAddReg]
    HKR,,DevLoader,,*ntkern
    HKR,,NTMPDriver,,Beo5Usb.sys

[Beo5Device.Services]
    AddService = Beo5Usb, 0x00000002, Beo5Usb_AddService

[Beo5Usb_AddService]
    DisplayName    = %Beo5Usb.SvcDesc%
    ServiceType    = 1
    StartType      = 3
    ErrorControl   = 1
    ServiceBinary  = %10%\System32\Drivers\Beo5Usb.sys
    LoadOrderGroup = Base

[Strings]
    BangOlufsen="Bang & Olufsen"
    Beo5Usb.SvcDesc="BEO5 USB Driver #2"
    ClassName="Remote control devices"
    InstallDiskString="BEO5 USB Driver Installation Disk"

Regards Keith....

• 08-12-2010 4:09 AM In reply to

I have found that if the Beo5 is not recognised correct by Windows it helps to use a USB hub between the PC and the Beo5.

I have used a D-Link model DUB-H4 with success.

• 08-12-2010 4:16 AM In reply to

• kai
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-16-2008
    • Posts 81
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Keith, I did what you suggested, and it is now working, thanks again for your help

Paul

• 08-19-2010 2:33 PM In reply to

Hello!

Just installed Beo5 Config Tool on Windows XP - after connecting the remote to the PC and choosing the driver from the directory with was mentioned above windows tells me that "the remote can not be started" "code 10";

Do you have an idea what I can do?

thanks elmar

• 08-20-2010 2:45 AM In reply to

f5434964:

Just installed Beo5 Config Tool on Windows XP - after connecting the remote to the PC and choosing the driver from the directory with was mentioned above windows tells me that "the remote can not be started" "code 10";

I am assuming that the Beo5 is fully charged ? please confirm

Please and hold the STANDBY button and then press the centre button then press INFO on the screen the battery level will be displayed.

If the battery is fully charged, then turn the unit off by pressing and holding the centre button until the unit goes off, then switch it on again by pressing the centre button again and try connecting it again.

Regards Keith....

• 08-20-2010 12:51 PM In reply to

Hello!

Ok, it showed "charging" while connected to the PC; I'm going to try again!

Thanks elmar

• 08-21-2010 5:54 AM In reply to

Hello Keith,

Config Tool 3.87 doesn't work with Windows 3.87 64 Bit? It stops loading after I click on "work offline". Same software runs without problems on Win7 32-bit...

• 08-21-2010 7:41 AM In reply to

raveny:

Config Tool 3.87 doesn't work with Windows 7 64 Bit? It stops loading after I click on "work offline". Same software runs without problems on Win7 32-bit...

True...

Regards Keith....

• 08-21-2010 1:20 PM In reply to

Hello!

Its working! Thanks!

Is there a chance to use the beo5 with a pioneer pdp 5090h; I do also have a pioneer dvr 5100h

regards elmar

• 08-22-2010 2:21 AM In reply to

f5434964:

Is there a chance to use the beo5 with a pioneer pdp 5090h; I do also have a pioneer dvr 5100h

The Beo5 Can control Pioneer products which use a modified NEC protocol. You will need to make an XML file for each product.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)