in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-24-2010 3:36 AM by DrDimitris. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2010 11:36 AM

HD Receiver for BV7

Bang and Olufsen refuses to serve early buyers of BV7-32 in terms of in-built HD DVB T-C-S. So it seems i have to buy an external one losing the all-in-one experience i used to enjoy, just because i bought the TV set just 3 months earlier than i should.My BV7-3 is a MKII, HD-Ready upgraded. Does any of Beoworld friends have some good recommendation for a HD DVB T-C-S to buy??? Thanks in advance.

-Dimitris

• 08-23-2010 4:44 AM In reply to

Re: HD Receiver for BV7

No one? Doesn't anyone use an external HD receiver?? Hmm

-Dimitris

• 08-23-2010 5:07 AM In reply to

There are 100 STB's you can use, with all different features and still enjoy the all-in-one experience, by using the PUC. But it is hard te recommend one of them if you don't tell if you want T, C or S. Do you want to record, etc.

• 08-23-2010 5:25 AM In reply to

Thanks double U. I am intersetsd in the HD DVB S-T combo. If not possible i will stick to an HD DVB-S. I would preferably like one with 2 card slots for different providers and. Any recomendations are welcome.

As for the all-in-one experience that you mention, i meant to integrate it in-built to BV7-32 which cannot be done as far as i know. So the BEO4 can be used, but the ec=xtra box must be hidden behind the TV set. Any recomendations are welcome. Smile

-Dimitris

• 08-23-2010 7:21 AM In reply to

I never heared of an external S/T combo. At least not in the country I live. The same thing counts for the 2 card slot. In the country I live there is only one provider, so I have no need for 2 cards. I have a Dreambox 500HD, performs very well, but that one might be over the top for you, as I use it for other purposes too.

Personally I would visit a satellite-shop, and try out different receivers and see which (graphical) interfaces you like. How fast is the zapping time. How many commands does it take to switch from tv -> radio and switch the backlights off. Things like that. Write down the boxes you like and verify if there is a match in the PUC-list for your TV. What other members here will recommend, doesn't have to be the best choice. Receivers these days, can be very small, consume less (heat) and perform better. Your own choice is the best. Smile

• 08-24-2010 3:36 AM In reply to

Thank you DoubleU.

-Dimitris

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)