in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-22-2010 7:12 AM by Grampy007. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-15-2010 7:44 PM

No Dail Tone - But phone is registered to Base

My Beocom 6000 Mk I is registered to the base (I have also put in another battery that works and reset phone using dot 7 0 0 0 9 -> it re-registered OK) and the BT line is working as other Beocom’s are OK via same base station and incoming calls ring on this phone but I cannot answer. Also I cannot get a dial tone on the phone and when I try to dial out phone hangs than defaults back to normal stand-by after about a minute. Is the RF stuffed or is there something else I can do?

All help welcome

• 06-16-2010 12:12 PM In reply to

Re: No Dail Tone - But phone is registered to Base

A Warm Welcome to your first posting on Beoworld..

When you say all the other Beocom's are working, are these other beocom's registered to the SAME base which are working ?

If the answer to the above question is "Yes", then the most likely cause of the problem is the RF chip on the PCB of the non working Mark I Beocom 6000.

If that is the problem, then you have two options:-

1. Try and get a working second hand Mark I PCB and replace it into the fault Beocom 6000 as the RF chips and therefore the PCB are no longer made.
    2. Purchase a Beocom 6000 upgrade kit from B&O which allows you to make your Mark I Beocom 6000 into a Mark II which has a totally different PCB and software.

Regards Keith....

• 08-21-2010 2:05 PM In reply to

Thanks for your reply Keith - apologies for not replying sooner but I forgot my login details - !!!!

• 08-21-2010 3:21 PM In reply to

Does the handset ring when you are called or if you make an internal call to the handset from another handset? It could be a defective speaker in the BeoCom 6000. In that case you will not hear adail tone from the handset. The speaker is available as spare-part. 

• 08-21-2010 6:14 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Out of interest, have you got the correct 3-way connector?  I've still not fully figured out the white dot, hollow dot and no dot thing myself (although my staff have, thankfully! LOL).  I do know that changing that can turn a non-working phone around...  All alchemy to me - B&O phones are my achilles heel !! Laughing

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-22-2010 7:06 AM In reply to

Hi Lee - thanks for the 'heads-up' - yes I assume the 3 way connector is OK as all was working before the phone went down - also the other 2 phones are OK

• 08-22-2010 7:12 AM In reply to

Now that is an interesting possibility – I was thinking of binning the MK I – however now that I’m back in the forum and the summers is almost over (longer nights ahead) I will try the B&O upgrade kit – do you know where can I find the software upgrade? – if that doesn’t work I will move onto the speaker – keeps me occupied!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)