in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-20-2010 5:13 PM by clifft. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-14-2010 10:08 PM

• clifft
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Ballarat Australia
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

Please help with Ouverture problem

Since my B & O equipment has been replaced after our renovations, I have noticed a problem with the Ouverture.  Ed thinks it is an options issue but suggests someone on this site may be able to help.  When we have a CD on in the Ouverture, it plays as normal.  If it is ignored, usually it finishes and stops turning then after a while the Ouverture and speakers turn off.  What happens now is that sometimes either the CD will finish but continue to rotate, not turning off or, it will finish and stop but if left the speakers turn off but the CD starts rotating again with the Ouverture still lit up.  Bizarre!  Any thoughts?  The Ouverture is linked with the BV-7 with the tv as Master.  Cliff.

• 08-15-2010 4:56 PM In reply to

• clifft
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Ballarat Australia
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

Re: Please help with Ouverture problem

Is there ANYONE who can help with this? ?Keith 

• 08-15-2010 5:36 PM In reply to

What happens if the Ouverture is disconnected form the BV7? Does it still act like this or does it work like it should? That way you can find out if the problem is in the Ouverture itself or if it is in the system. Have you tried cleaning the lens of the CD?

• 08-16-2010 6:17 AM In reply to

• clifft
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Ballarat Australia
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

If someone can tell me which plug to pull from the back of the Ouverture to disconnect it from the BV-7, I'll give it a try, thanks.  Cliff

• 08-16-2010 6:59 AM In reply to

clifft:

If someone can tell me which plug to pull from the back of the Ouverture to disconnect it from the BV-7, I'll give it a try, thanks.  Cliff

Hi Cliff, I think it is the MasterLink connection.

It can be at either end, i.e. the Overture side, or the BV7 side ... might be easier in your configuration to unplug the ML from the back of the BV7

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 08-19-2010 9:21 PM In reply to

Any joy Cliff????

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 08-20-2010 5:13 PM In reply to

• clifft
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Ballarat Australia
    • Posts 64
    • Founder

Not so far!  I tried to remove the MasterLink connection from the Ouverture but it wouldn't budge!  I really don't want to scrabble around at the back of the BV-7. Graham Donald who owns the installation company is coming back this Thursday to load some new software so that he can make the BV-7 Zone-free for dvds so i will get him to try then.  I told him of the problem and he is thinking about the cause.  Cliff

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)