in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-12-2010 5:53 AM by davefarr. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-12-2010 3:07 AM

Beolab 3500 (LCS9000) won't power up. Please help.

Dear all,

When I connect the power lead, I get no standby light or anything in the display.  The cable is good as it operates other equipment.  I've taken off the speaker frets, display glass and lifted the PCB35 out to have a look for anything obvious.  The foam has disintegrated and is stuck all over the place including under that board.  I put the PCB35 back in position and tried pushing the left rubber tube a few times.  That made the red LED light up briefly with an audible click heard from the right side of the unit (transformer?).  The light went off with another click and won't come on again.  There is occasional quiet 'click' sounds to the right of PCB35 as if it's trying to switch itself on.

This unit was moved (carefully) in my car recently and this is the first time I've tried to power it up.  My question is, can I fix this? (I have no electronic skills), does it sound like a simple or common problem?  Do I just take it to my nearest dealer for a service and software upgrade (it's currently the Original SW1.1)?  Or, are there any other ideas?

Many thanks,

Dave.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

• 08-12-2010 3:28 AM In reply to

Re: Beolab 3500 (LCS9000) won't power up. Please help.

Dave,

If the Standby light is not coming on or only coming on briefly then either:-

1. The Power Supply Protection unit has trigger to stop damage due to a power supply fault
    2. There are dry solder joints on the power supply which have been effected by the move
    3. An internal supply wire has a bad connection.

In all possible cases it needs to be looked at by someone who has a basic knowledge of electronics, so I suggest you have it looked at by your B&O dealer.

To upgrade the software requires the processor board to be replaced, see HERE for more information, but I would not think you would need to do that

Regards Keith....

• 08-12-2010 5:53 AM In reply to

Re: Beolab 3500 (LCS9000) won't power up. Please help.

Many thanks Keith,

my thoughts were that I need to take it in.  It's a few years old now so could do with a good service.

Dave.

Am I ready? I was born ready!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)