in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-11-2010 12:46 PM by julliuz. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-04-2010 12:18 PM

Little advice for a new member !

Hello there

2 Years ago I got myself a brand new Beo5 and payed vast amounts of money to the dealer to configure it.

Now I moved 2 times in the last 2 years and my beo5 was just catching dust.

Now that we are finally settled for a long time, I'm planning on replacing its batteries and starting to use it again!

I only had a couple of questions before I get my premium membership here :)

Could anyone of you guys recommend what I have to do ?

I will have about 8 devices spread over 4 rooms in my house that I would like to use, they are all from very known brands but still I couldnt find their types on remotecentral.

So I was reading here and I picked up something about reading the remotes with a IR capture device ?

Could anyone of you recommend a cheap type of capture device ? And then what ? Import those codes into the premium application you made ?

Just a little bit of clearing up is needed for my pity brain ;)

Anyway, hope I will enjoy my stay here !

Kind regards

• 08-04-2010 12:24 PM In reply to

Re: Little advice for a new member !

Welcome to BeoWorld!

You have come to the right place for the Beo5! There is even a resident expert (who will likely be along soon) w/ a link at the bottom of the page.

In the meantime, take a look over here to get started.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 08-04-2010 6:19 PM In reply to

• Matthew
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 99
    • Bronze Member

Welcome Julliuz,

There are several ways of achieving what you want - IR control of 3rd party devices with the Beo5. But if you want to do it all yourself, firstly you will need the Beo5 Configuration Tool (it's generally not available from dealers, but it may be downloaded - check other threads for links to the tool). I recommend downloading the tool and generating a test configuration to practice before doing anything else.

Once you're comfortable with the Config Tool, next step is to check the Beo5 resource page to see whether there are XML files available for the 3rd party devices you wish to control. The XML file for the device must be added to the Beo5 config tool so you can then assign it's commands to the screen or hard keys.

If your devices are not represented there, then you will need to go down the IR capture and convert (to XML file) path. There are several approaches here. The method I used is the Lintronic box for IR capture and the Lintronic software for XML file creation. But there are a number of other devices that will perform the capture process, and the XML Generator tool, available to silver and gold members, will create the correct XML file for the device.

Alternatively, if you'd prefer to have someone else program/tailor your Beo5, you will see a link on the site for the Beo5 programming service. You will find this service to be far more useful than having your dealer perform the programming, particularly when it comes to control of 3rd party products.

Good luck!

Matthew

• 08-05-2010 1:08 PM In reply to

Julliuz,

Let me add my welcome to that of Jaff and Matthew..

You may wish to continue your reading about the Beo5 and capturing infrared codes HERE

If you wish to control 3rd party products with your Beo5, depending on the product you may not need to capture the codes from the original remote control. An XML file may already exist or one could be made by converting from another format such as Pronto HEX codes.

There are many capture options available and the one which many members use is the Lintronic box and you can either use the Lintronic software or the Beoworld XML Generator to create the associated XML file. If you want to go down that route, then there is a help file you can download HERE

Let us know what the make and models of 3rd party products you wish to control using the Beo5 ?

Regards Keith....

• 08-11-2010 12:46 PM In reply to

I will get to posting all details right when I get back from my vacation , just found a little wireless signal to reply to all of you !

Happy to see people will be here when I get back ;)

Regards

Julliuz

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)