in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-13-2010 11:28 AM by beaker. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-13-2010 7:37 AM

Beomaster 900k

Hi - I've justbought one of these on e-bay and absolutely love it - I'd seen a couple of pictures on this site and had to have one. The sound on it when I plug my iPod in is extremely good, however on FM the receiver seems very weak at picking up signals - I tried a longer peice of wire plugged into the socket and this meant I could start to get more channells but it still seems weak - is there anything I can do or should it need servicing? My father is a retired electronics engineer so if anyone can point me in the right direction I can pass it to him to repair or replace faulty parts

The second thing is that the trebble control is missing - it's one with a screw in it - I don't know if anyone has a spare that they are willing to sell me. The set itself is in really good condition so it would be great to get all of it intact.

Beovision Avant 32 RF, DVD1, Beovision 1, MX4002, Beound 3000, Beolab Penta MKII, Beovox Penta, Beolit 707, Beolink Passive, Beovox C30, Beocom 4, Beogram TX, 4 x Beo4, Form 1 & 2, Beocenter 7700, Beovox S65,

• 07-13-2010 8:01 AM In reply to

Re: Beomaster 900k

The FM reception on these is not that good using the internal aerial. Its not bad but it is definately better if you use an external aerial or a piece of wire stuck in the back. As for the missing knob, they did make different versions. I am sure someone on here will let you know the differences. I do have some spare knobs, let me run upstairs and have a look.......

Downstairs I come and yes I do have one for you. They are not perfect (a bit grubby etc), but I have one. If you want it it can be yours for the cost of a small donation to Beoworld.

Oh and yes they are lovely radios, great looks and sound. An iconic B&O product

Richard

• 07-13-2010 9:46 AM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Wonderful radio !

How is AM reception ?
    If it's weak too, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the AF transistors were short.
    That's quite common.

Three different knobs are used for the bass/treble/balance and tuning;
    - Volume has knurled grip and index point
    - Bass and treble has index point but smooth sides
    - Tuning has the knurled grip but no index point
    Depending on the version, the shaft diameters are different. Some are 4mm others 6mm.
    Furthermore, some versions have light polished aluminum knobs (that by now are almost all oxidated to some extent), others have chromed brass knobs (heavy!).
    To add further to the confusion, both 4mm and 6mm knobs are found as alu and chrome.

If Richards knob doesn't fit, I may be able to help you to one that does.

Martin

• 07-13-2010 11:28 AM In reply to

Dillen:

If Richards knob doesn't fit, I may be able to help you to one that does.

Hmmmm, my knob has a shaft diametre of 6mm. Its heavy so I presume its chrome.

Is it my mind or are there a few inuendo's in this thread....

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)