in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-21-2010 4:17 PM by Lotus1. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-21-2010 4:17 PM

Beolab 3500 conversion to centre speaker

Hi again everyone,

Can anyone say from experience that using a Beolab 3500 as a centre speaker, (after conversion using a Madsystemes kit) provides acceptable sound quality?

I do not expect anyone to confirm the 3500 can be as good as a 7.1, I know they are underpowered in comparison and are not designed to be centre speakers.  I can’t fit a 250mm projection 7.1 with a 30mm LED TV so that’s that.  I don’t want to fit 4000’s either. 

The fact is that the 3500 is already mounted, working as a link speaker and look great, have now decided to go for surround set up to properly utilise a BS2 – the ubject of all my previous posts.

I am competent to make the conversion if it has to be the PCB version and have no problem in loosing the display.  I have read through dozens of posts covering this subject and it seems to be 50/50 with no one actually saying they have done it and are happy (unless I have missed it)

Does anyone know of an alternative to the Madsystemes kit please?

Regards,  Martin

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)