in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-08-2010 11:34 AM by Ehlerz. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-06-2010 5:50 PM

Panel failure on Beovision 7-40 MK IV?

Hi guys.

After receiving my Beovision 7-40 full HD with integrated Blu-Ray a couple of months ago I have had a constant flaw of a humming sound in the panel when watching for instance AppleTV. As a result, and I really must commend my dealer on this, my dealership got B&O to send a new panel to replace the faulty one. The result was that the humming sound, that B&O has acknowledged on some sets, disappeared. Fantastic service, just like you hope for but do not dare expect from your premium dealership.

However... Shortly after installment of the new panel, something truly odd happened. Look at the attached picture where you can see the frame splitted with different shading and a line down the middle so when the picture is moving one can see that the to half parts are not even in sync. This has just happened once, but being just a day after I got my new panel (the old one never did this) I got worried. Also, when watching a HD movie I see more shading in pictures with dark and light parts (almost like one could sometimes see on a HD Ready and not full HD panel), and a few times the picture glitched in a mosaic way.

My question: What on earth is going on here? Thankful for any help. My dealer is sensible, so I do not expect any problems, but the techs of it all interest me:

BV 7-55, BL 7-4, BL 9's, BL 4's, BL 3's, BC 2300, Beo5, Beo4

• 07-07-2010 5:12 AM In reply to

Re: Panel failure on Beovision 7-40 MK IV?

Hi TAkktakk

Sounds disturbing. The humming noice is present on all the older BV 7 panels when adding 60 hz source like the apple Tv ( maybe 50 hz, cant remember which on causes the humming :-)) This has been solved on the new MK IV sets.

The other problem seems very odd. I would definetly inform my dealer and have him check if all the nessasary software updates has been done accordingly.

Good luck

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 07-07-2010 1:22 PM In reply to

Hi Ehlerz, and thank you for your reply.

I just wanted to comment on the issue of the humming sound, as we seem to have different experiences about that. I used to have an HD Ready BV 7-40 that never made that sound connected to AppleTV, but my new MK IV most definately did. Quite the opposite of what I understand to be your saying. Just thought I'd mention that, as it is quite interesting. So - to avoid misunderstandings - it was my MK IV that received a new panel due to the humming, not an older set.

Have a great day!

/takktakk

BV 7-55, BL 7-4, BL 9's, BL 4's, BL 3's, BC 2300, Beo5, Beo4

• 07-08-2010 11:34 AM In reply to

Hi Again

We perfectly understand each other, sorry if it did not express myself clearly enough. The humming noise was present on "older" MK IV´s but the newer MK IV´s actually had a panel update (As far as i know) and hence does not hum anymore when adding Apple Tv etc. The Hd ready 7-40 you had have no Beosystem 3 and hence experience no trouble. So what i think happened, is that you got one of the newer Mk IV´s and therefore does not have the humming noise anymore.

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)