in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-01-2010 1:23 PM by Die_Bogener. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2010 11:31 AM

• WDPE
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-02-2009
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Beocenter 2300 lights, sliding doors malfunction, CD won't play

I own a Beocenter 2300, bought somewhere mid nineties. It would seem it's getting a bit older, as I have a few small problems:

- the right light next to the cd is broken. Can I repair this myself, or should I take it to the shop?

- Every now and then, the sliding doors malfunction. When I wave my hand in front of the beocenter, the doors open, but the motors seem to keep on "pushing" the doors outward, even when they reach their open position. You can clearly hear the mechanism continue to run, until the system closes the doors again (after a minute or so, so the closing aspect is fully functional). This isn't a major issue, but I'm wondering if this isn't bad for the mechanism? Any advice?

- When pushing the CD button on the remote (beolink 1000), CD playback works properly. However, if you push the CD button on the beocenter itself, the display switches to CD mode, but it shows the <> sign, indicating their would be no CD in the system.

Filed under:
  • 06-30-2010 1:14 PM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Re: Beocenter 2300 lights, sliding doors malfunction, CD won't play

Having never had one of these units I have no ideaConfused but perhaps this will bump it for you

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 07-01-2010 1:12 PM In reply to

My Ouverture has the sliding doors issue as well but not as severe. The motor continues to run for about two seconds after doors have fully opened. It also has tape issues - when inserting a new, rewound tape, it would play for a second then auto-reverse, as if it thought it had already played that side. I have to manually wind or fast-forward the tape to after the initial "hiss-free" section before it plays properly.

Very rarely it displays CD playback gremlins too, like yours. You're right these things are getting older!

Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

• 07-01-2010 1:23 PM In reply to

The sliding door issue is a bad belt, just replace it. It's easy to do, just remove the glass, the side covers and then the rear cover.

<> is a error message of the cd drive, it does not recognize a inserted disc. Usually the the drive itself is ok, but the 4 caps on the board of the drive are gone... replace them if it is a CDM12 drive. The front cover is easy to dissassemble, just 8 bolts.

When the front cover is removed, the light can be replaced. It's an official spare part including the reflector.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)