in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-06-2010 4:01 AM by f5434964. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-05-2010 3:30 AM

Connection directly to Mac

Hello!

I've got a BS/BM5 connected directly to my mac through ethernet; the mac also provided an IP-address

Beoconnect wants a password - but I've never set anyone and I can not find a button to set a password

So I can not transfer any data...

regards elmar

• 11-05-2010 3:10 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: Connection directly to Mac

Don't recall if there is a default password, but if you put your BS5 into service mode (go into "Modes" and put the focus on "Settings", then press <<, >>, <<, >>, GO (on the wheel), you'll find a "Network Settings" option under which you can enter a password.  Set a password here, then use it with the BeoConnect.

Stan

• 11-05-2010 3:49 PM In reply to

Thanks!

But it does not work....I set the password then "store"; going back to client password nothing there....

host name is ok, location empty, ip address, mac address are there, clients connected 0, internet connection no, bonjour status registration successful, shared folder bm-share$, user name bm-user

interesting: the ip address on the bs5 is different to the address which is shown in network on the mac (there it says connected with a yellow point)

any ideas?

So; now I've connected the BM5 with airport express to my wlan - now it shows internet connection; but I still can't connect with beoconnect.... :-(((

regards elmar

• 11-06-2010 4:01 AM In reply to

Hello!

tried again today - and it worked...

Don't know why - but I'm happy; 

Elmar

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)