in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-13-2010 2:22 PM by Yoyo. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-12-2010 11:47 PM

• v1xz
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2010
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

B&O Avant Problem

Hi,

Ive just bought my first ever B&O, its an Avant series with VCR. It came with a Beo4 remote.

I wanted to know if it was normal for the motorised stand to jutter when moving position?

When setting up the stand positions i have to keep pressing my Beo4 Remote Directional key until it stops at right position.

When i access the stand and request position 2 for example it glides smoothly in place and when on/off it glides too.

Is there a problem with my stand?

Kind Regards

• 06-13-2010 12:44 AM In reply to

Re: B&O Avant Problem

v1xz:

or is it with the Beo4 ?

any other way you can test a continuous command ?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 06-13-2010 3:42 AM In reply to

• v1xz
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2010
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Ive tried new batterys in the remote and its still the same. Any other suggestions?

• 06-13-2010 4:26 AM In reply to

• Yoyo
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-10-2009
    • Belgium
    • Posts 25
    • Bronze Member

Check the movement without any cable connected to the appareiel just power supply cord, because the cables can interfere with the rotation in one direction and not the other.

Avant c'était pas mal, aussi bien qu'aujourd'hui, mais en plus vieux Embarrassed

Filed under:
  • 06-13-2010 9:08 AM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

v1xz:

Hi,
    Ive just bought my first ever B&O, its an Avant series with VCR. It came with a Beo4 remote.

I wanted to know if it was normal for the motorised stand to jutter when moving position?

When setting up the stand positions i have to keep pressing my Beo4 Remote Directional key until it stops at right position.

When i access the stand and request position 2 for example it glides smoothly in place and when on/off it glides too.

There are 3 ways to change position of an Avant - depending on the type of your avant you can:

- "Manually" - selecting "List"  get "Stand" in the display of your Beo4 and then keeping "<<" or ">>" pressed
        (till desired position is reached)

- "Preselect - Version A"  - press "List" select "Stand" and then "1" for utmost left / "2" /"3" /"4" /
       "5" middle position / "6" /..../ "9" utmost right

-  "Preselect - Version B"  - press "List" select "Stand" and then "0" /"1" / "2" 
       0 = Standby position = Off position
       1 = Main position when powered On
       2 = Alternative position when switched On
       (all 3 positions have to be adjusted in the setup menue and then stored separately

Remark:
    If you have to trigger repeatedly "<<" or ">>" when you want to move "manually"
    then you have got a Beo4 beeing not 100% compatible to the type of your Avant.

• 06-13-2010 9:54 AM In reply to

• v1xz
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2010
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

"Remark:
    If you have to trigger repeatedly "<<" or ">>" when you want to move "manually"
    then you have got a Beo4 beeing not 100% compatible to the type of your Avant."

Previous owner said it had worked fine before he moved the TV for me to come and collect.

Avant i have is:

Item no. 1835537

Serial no. 14037295

Type: 84/23

How do i find out details for my TV?

• 06-13-2010 9:58 AM In reply to

• v1xz
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 06-01-2010
    • Posts 6
    • Bronze Member

Yoyo:

Check the movement without any cable connected to the appareiel just power supply cord, because the cables can interfere with the rotation in one direction and not the other.

Ive tried this but my Avant doesnt have a problem moving from left to right. It just sort of sticks when i keep directional button pressed on the remote. I have to press the button multipul times until it is in right position.

• 06-13-2010 2:04 PM In reply to

• Yoyo
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-10-2009
    • Belgium
    • Posts 25
    • Bronze Member

I do not understand.
    It is normal for the motor moves step by step if you push multiple times.
    It does not continue to move when you release the button >> or <<

The mouvement stop instantly when you release buttons. If you press on the remote a multiples times, the motor "jump" a multiple times.

For indications, see on back the TV, a gray label indicate the type and serial number of your Beovision.

Avant c'était pas mal, aussi bien qu'aujourd'hui, mais en plus vieux Embarrassed

• 06-13-2010 2:22 PM In reply to

• Yoyo
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-10-2009
    • Belgium
    • Posts 25
    • Bronze Member

v1xz:
    I wanted to know if it was normal for the motorised stand to jutter when moving position

Yes is normal if you push a multiple times

v1xz:
    When i access the stand and request position 2 for example it glides smoothly in place and when on/off it glides too

No is abnormal, movement to move on a position stored or movement on/off Beovision must be the same.

All Avant are compatible with all versions of Beo4.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)