in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-27-2011 3:08 AM by Ian. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2011 11:42 AM

• Ian
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-25-2011
    • Sunderland
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Advice request for Beocentre 7007 repairs.

Hi, I am a long time B&O fan but new B&O owner. I am also new to this forum and have a couple of questions which I'm sure can be easily answered here. 

I currently have 2 Beocentre 7007's, one is in great condition which I picked up from the original 1980's purchaser, the other is also in good condition but needs a little of the laminate repairing. Both systems came with fully working Beocentre terminals and S45 speakers. One set had been kept in good quality speaker cabinets from new, which I also aquired, and are in A1 cosmetic condition. The other pair are in good condition, however both were suffering from a bit of foam rot but I am currently sorting that.

Both systems came with MMC5 stylus cartridges, again one is in A1 condition and sounds fantastic, the other works but crackles and probably need to be repaired, refurbished or replaced. Firstly, is it viable to have it repaired at a reasonable cost and secondly, I have the opportunity to purchase a MMC20E, but before I do I would like to know if it is compatible with my 7007.

The tape decks on both systems don't work and I think all they need are new drive belt sets. I understand from reading previous posts that 'Martin' is the man for these. So, 'Martin' if you are reading this can you send me a PM with a price for 2 full belt sets for my 7007's.

Sorry if I went on a bit but it's my first post so be kind.

• 11-25-2011 2:58 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Re: Advice request for Beocentre 7007 repairs.

Welcome to Beoworld IanSmile

Martin will be along shortly re:- the belts I'm sure.

Lovely systems & definately worth spending time & a reasonable amount of money on. As long as the dodgy cartridge still has output on both channels it can be repaired by Axel in Germany to any specification up to MMC2 (contact line diamond on a sapphire cantilever). The MMC5 is least specified of this range so any upgrade will be a real improvement. The ONLY cartridges which are compatible are the MMC1 - MMC5 range. No cartridge within the MMC20 range will be compatible - totally different mounting methods.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-25-2011 4:54 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Welcome to Beoworld from me too !

I agree, it's a lovely system and hard to find a better sound and build quality.
    Message sent re. belts.

Martin

• 11-27-2011 3:08 AM In reply to

• Ian
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-25-2011
    • Sunderland
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Cheers Chris, thanks for that, I'll get in touch with Axel for a price and as you can see Martin has been in touch about the belts.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)