in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-04-2007 1:07 AM by marcus_m. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2007 12:00 PM

BeoVision 1 STB-C question

Hi all,

need some help with the behavior of my BV1L (not the LS version). I bought this TV one year ago and since then the set was waiting to be installed (yes, I know, blaim me...). Now finally the BV1 found it's way in the bedroom. As I do not watch TV there that often, I like to use the switch at the front to reduce the power consuption.
    The problem is, that the TV forgets the stb setting. So every time I switch on, I have to go to the settings menu,.... don't want to bother you with the procedure ;-)
    But is this normal? I suppose not as my AV5 behaves different. What could be the cause?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks, Marcus
  • 07-03-2007 3:47 PM In reply to

Re: BeoVision 1 STB-C question

I'm pretty sure someone here has also a BV1 with STB-C who can make this short check for me?!?

Thanks, Marcus
  • 07-03-2007 4:08 PM In reply to

I am sorry but I don't have a BV1 and there is no mention in the handbook of this little foible. There is usually a back up battery to save settings though in most sets so this does seem odd. I'll ask around.
  • 07-03-2007 6:39 PM In reply to

They to leave the main power on for a week so the backup battery can recharge.

the Power switch can last 2-5000 circle's before it breakdowns, cost 15£ + feed for the change of it 100£

Power consumption in st.by less then 1,2w... 1 year =10,5KW = 2£ (in Denmark) 10 years =105,1 KW = 21£

Think about it Wink

• 07-04-2007 1:07 AM In reply to

bang1:

They to leave the main power on for a week so the backup battery can recharge.

the Power switch can last 2-5000 circle's before it breakdowns, cost 15£ + feed for the change of it 100£

Power consumption in st.by less then 1,2w... 1 year =10,5KW = 2£ (in Denmark) 10 years =105,1 KW = 21£

Think about it Wink

You're pretty right, but it is not the power consumtion of the set that makes me worry, it is the power consumtion of the set top box which consumes about 8W. So we are talking about roughly 10W in common which are nearly EUR20 a year in Germany.

The last year I've optimized my complete home network and telephone system. It saved me EUR10 a month without any impact on comfort!

I thought all information is stored in a flash or eeprom, but if they use a battery that lets me hope again...

Thanks, Marcus

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)