in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-12-2010 7:26 AM by csmager. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2010 10:04 AM

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Red button function in link room

Hi

Has anybody come across this scenario before?

BeoVision7 40" in main room with Sky HD box attached and controlled via PUC.

BeoVision6 connected via Masterlink in link room.

All operation is fine in main room and link room EXCEPT no access to red button functions in link room if main TV is in stand by.

If the BeoVision7 40" is switched on ALL sky operation is fine and the same in the link room IF the Bvis7 40 is on. If the Bvis7 40 is in stand by, the BeoVision6 in the link room will switch on the Sky box and control it, however it cannot use the red interactive function if the BeoVision7 40 is off.

Bang & Olufsen say it is a Sky problem.

Any thoughts/comments?

Opman

• 07-09-2010 5:49 PM In reply to

Re: Red button function in link room

I've seen problems reported elsewhere where functions do not work unless a Sky multiroom subscription is being paid. Also there may be IR signal problems with Sky's own second room extension system (HD Sky +). (No personal experience..... just going by Google search results!)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 07-10-2010 12:28 PM In reply to

Yep, have basically the same setup and the same issue.  Nothing to do with subscriptions, but it is genuinely a Sky problem.

If the Sky box is connected by HDMI, but the HDMI connection is not in use (i.e. the TV's off), then the red button functionality doesn't work.  No idea why, it just doesn't.

They ought to fix it, but I'm willing to bet they won't.

This thread is on a similar point: http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/p/32693/272626.aspx#272626

• 07-11-2010 6:01 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the information. Lets see what if anything Sky can come up with. I'm not holding my breath.

Opman

• 07-12-2010 4:34 AM In reply to

Where Sky HD is concerned would there be any disadvantage of using component connections rather than HDMI? More cables maybe but non of this sort of nonsense.

• 07-12-2010 7:26 AM In reply to

Might be worth a go.  I imagine PQ is pretty similar, but I've not checked it out.

Bear in mind that component is only available on the early Thomson boxes, and not any of the newer (faster, quieter, smaller) boxes.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)