in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-03-2007 4:39 PM by Peter. 27 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-13-2007 9:39 AM

Fitting STB-C to MX4002

Can you advise me whether it is possible to fit an STB-C to an MX4002? If so, what is the part number?
    Hope you can help.
    Many thanks,

Simon
  • 06-13-2007 10:17 AM In reply to

Re: Fitting STB-C to MX4002

Yes it is - all the later MX range can take them - I think the part number is 1403000. It is the same for all these sets. I have the instructions if you are thinking of doing this yourself. You may need a software update. What is the model number and S/W of your set.

I see you have posted on the official site - I wonder how long it will be before you get a sensible answer? Cool 

Filed under: ,
  • 06-14-2007 5:00 AM In reply to

Thanks for the quick reply Peter!

The MX is a type 7842 with SW version 2.0 and ML 1.1 I do plan to fit it myself so any instruction would be really useful.

Once again thanks for your help. Oh and by the way, I'm still waiting for an answer on the official B&O site........Confused

Simon

• 06-14-2007 7:21 AM In reply to

Look under the manuals for the AV9000 - the STB-C fitting guide is there - there are pictures for both the MX and the AV9000.
  • 06-27-2007 7:35 AM In reply to

when I looked at fitting a STB-C to my MX  all the guides do not list the 784x type. What stops me from fitting one to this model? Is there a software fix to allow this ie update/ downgrade?? Is it a physical thing or a software problem?

I hope someone can advise.

Regards,

Simon

• 06-27-2007 8:28 AM In reply to

The guide specifically mentions MX 78xx models so I don't see why not. Have you downloaded it? Check with your dealer. I am finally having mine fitted to the AV9000 on Friday so I will ask Terry when he comes.
  • 06-27-2007 8:48 AM In reply to

Hello Peter,

yes I downloaded the manual and all looks fine there, but I have seen other material ie schematic overviews and STB-C listings which specifically exclude the 784x model. There is no explaination why! Also the STB-C is no longer available through B&O dealers. It looks like they stopped producing them in October 2006! So old stock only!!Sad

I did manage to pick one up on Ebay so will have a look at fitting over the weekend. My dealer is getting more "cagey" on owner fitment of parts and seems reluctant to pass of information now. Must be a B&O directive!!Zip it!

Anyway hope someone can enlighten me before I unhitch the TV from its wall bracket!Tongue Tied

Regards,

Simon

• 06-27-2007 9:29 AM In reply to

I got a new one last month!
  • 06-27-2007 9:33 AM In reply to

As usual Peter it depends how hard the dealer tries.............Huh?
  • 06-27-2007 9:52 AM In reply to

I'll ask for you on Friday. Terry seems a good man and I am sure will be forthcoming!
  • 06-27-2007 9:57 AM In reply to

Thanks Peter.
  • 06-27-2007 1:40 PM In reply to

Hi!

I'm also in desperate need for a stb-c for a mx4002 and B&O said it's no longer avaliable. I've got the 87xx model. What to do?

regards

• 06-29-2007 4:17 PM In reply to

Well that was fun!! AV9000 now has a working STB-C thanks to the sterling efforts of Terry! There were a few problems!!!

1. The kit I was sold was missing:

a. The bracket to hold the card in the set!

b. The IR cable!

c. Any nuts and bolts!

d. The software chip!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Luckily Terry had brought another set which was broken but had all the parts! The part number you want is 1403000 - accept no other! You do need the software chip as well but this is the same as the one in the Avant.

2. The instructions giving codes had no mention of the Sky box code! For your information it is 2!

3. The AVX2 has a few little foibles despite being supplied with the STB-C! With this device I now have my Sky box, my Panasonic Freeview DVD/HDD/Freeview box controlled by the DVD controller and my Wii all attached.  It all workd fine except that you cannot turn off the Sky box once turned on and this will prevent the other boxes working properly. It will switch off with the Sky remote though! All other commands are no problem!

This kit will fit the MX4002 78XX ! The 87XX model is the same.

• 06-29-2007 4:25 PM In reply to

Thanks Peter,

I plan to fit the STB-C on Sunday if the weather is bad........!! Hope it is less taxing than it was for Terry!Stick out tongue

Regards,

Simon

• 06-29-2007 4:33 PM In reply to

Check you have all the bits first! It took him two and one half hours! We also discovered that the 2.3 software froze the TV - so we left the 2.0 in it. It is not that simple and this was with a practically new AV9000.
  • 07-01-2007 4:31 PM In reply to

Well I've fitted the stb-c but nothing works!! It took me a little while to find where everything went using the guide but all seemed to go well........!?

When I connected up the Sky Box to AV2 and switched on MX I went to program the scart as per the instructions. Unfortunately the menu was exactly as before, giving no option to select satellite or STB.

During the installation it was noted that a cable from PCB4 linked socket23 to the Masterlink PCB. I therefore connected as instructions in the guide ie. link socket23 to STB-C PCB and then on to Masterlink PCB. Is that correct? I do link the MX to my LX which has an inbuilt analogue satellite receiver in it. This allows me to watch Eurosport for free on the MX.Big Smile

Anyway any suggestions where I could of gone wrong or things I could try??

Simon

• 07-01-2007 4:31 PM In reply to

Well I've fitted the stb-c but nothing works!! It took me a little while to find where everything went using the guide but all seemed to go well........!?

When I connected up the Sky Box to AV2 and switched on MX I went to program the scart as per the instructions. Unfortunately the menu was exactly as before, giving no option to select satellite or STB.

During the installation it was noted that a cable from PCB4 linked socket23 to the Masterlink PCB. I therefore connected as instructions in the guide ie. link socket23 to STB-C PCB and then on to Masterlink PCB. Is that correct? I do link the MX to my LX which has an inbuilt analogue satellite receiver in it. This allows me to watch Eurosport for free on the MX.Big Smile

Anyway any suggestions where I could of gone wrong or things I could try??

Simon

• 07-01-2007 5:26 PM In reply to

You switch the Sky box on with V.Aux. Get rid of the AVX2 initially! It doesn't help! Did you set the code to 2? Mine is working though the AVX2 does have a few little foibles! Once the Sky box is working, then put the AVX2 back and have a play!
  • 07-02-2007 2:47 AM In reply to

Peter,

I haven't found any new menus to allow me to set the AV2 scart to the STB-C and then to the Sky Box as code 2! Where do you access the new menus? I have a user guide for an Avant or AV5 but as stated earlier I haven't found the required menus in SETUP.

I haven't got the AVX2 fitted to the MX, it is fitted to the main TV which is the LX. The MX is the link TV in the bedroom with its own seperate Sky Box.

I didn't set the AV2 scart to V.Aux as I didn't find the expected menus to control the Sky Box. Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have a more dedicated User Guide for the STB-C on the MX?

Simon

• 07-02-2007 3:12 AM In reply to

There should have been a sheet of paper in the box which tells you how to set the code. You actually do it blind and it is a once only set up. If you have not done it yet, then it will still be possible! However I don't have access to the instructions (not sure I do anyway) as I am at work. Maybe someone can give us a clue! Did you check that there was software in the STB-C? (In the silver box!). None of the ones we had did! The MX does not work in the same way as the Avant and there is no on screen menu for set up.
  • 07-02-2007 3:28 AM In reply to

I wasn't aware of that Peter! I didn't have the relevant sheet of paper. I thought I set it with an on screen menu!! 

Yes, the software chip is present. I checked after reading your earlier mail!Indifferent It has software version3.2 I think.

Can anyone advise how to set the code............pleaseEmbarrassed

Simon

• 07-02-2007 9:28 AM In reply to

Peter,

do you know what software version was on your STB-C? I am just checking that code2 is definitely correct for my version of STB-C before I try programming it!

Thanks,

Simon

• 07-02-2007 10:05 AM In reply to

Can't remember but I will look it all up tonight. I don't think the codes changed actually. 2 is definitely Sky though Sky+ is different. Have you found out how to program it?

• 07-02-2007 10:19 AM In reply to

Peter,

I have found instructions in both Dutch and German.....but no English! It looks straight forward enough but I want to make sure I program it right if I only get one hit!!Tongue Tied

Simon

• 07-02-2007 10:34 AM In reply to

For some reason, I have not put the STB-C codes on site - I'll correct this tonight. If it is a simple Sky box, not Sky+, then the code is definitely 2.
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >